The New Nigel’s Supermarket on Friday reopened its doors under new ownership promising affordable prices to all Guyanese, as well as the best customer service.At the opening, the proprietor of the supermarket, Otillo Pereira said the store officially opens for business today.Lights on. The New Nigel’s Supermarket reopens for businessThe Supermarket will be open from 07:00h to 23:00h on weekdays and 08:00h to 11:00h on weekends and holidays.Pereira said he always had a vision of being the owner of such an edifice but was indeed shocked when the previous owner, Nigel Johnson, told him he believes he has what it takes to expand the business.The Supermarket has been around for at least 20 years and is known to many Guyanese who look forward to shopping in comfort while benefitting from a wide variety of perfectly priced goods.The air-conditioned environment welcomed scores into the building with warm greetings from some 60 employees, who have already been hired, at the opening.The spacious aisles cater for a comfortable shopping experience and a number of cashiers are available to ensure the lines are kept short.On the note of lines, Pereira told Guyana Times that a special cashier will attend to customers who hold a VIP card. Loyalty cards are also obtainable which gains points for the customer every time they shop in the store.He said, “I am not here just about the competition because if you give the people what they want, the people will find you wherever you are and my vision in keeping the market is to keep the people”.“We will supply good customer service (and) we will find out what the people want…if it’s with good price, if it’s with good quality, if it’s based on relationship,” Pereira posited.He assured that the supermarket had done a survey to check on their competitors’ prices which guarantees that the New Nigel’s Supermarket is the best place to shop all year round.Nigel’s Supermarket was forced to close its services a few years ago after it encountered some challenges. The New Nigel’s is, however, back on the market.
Andros Townsend had opened the scoring early on for Palace before Patrick van Aanholt made it two just after the break but United hit back through Chris Smalling, Romelu Lukaku and ultimately Matic.Matic has managed to claim the accolade four times since his debut with the club, after he was named Man of the Match in their 4-0 wins over West Ham and Everton, and in the 2-1 victory against West Brom Albion back in December.The Serbian scored a 30-yard thunderbolt but also put in an impressive performance on the field, managing to complete 73 passes in the game – a record no other midfielder has managed on the pitch.The 29-year-old was thrilled with his contribution to their incredible win and it was deemed an even more wonderful feat as it was his first goal in a United shirt.“I’m happy I’ve scored my first goal for Manchester United. I know it’s not my job but I’m glad it got us the three points,” he told the club’s website.The men in Red managed to turn the game around and remove any form of doubt that the fans and manager may have had after Crystal Palace took a two-goal lead.“After the second goal it was very difficult for us to come back; we showed character and did exactly what the manager wanted us to do. In these kind of games, if we can manage to win we can compete for the title. The quality is there but we have to be honest – we need to do more,” Matic added.United boss Jose Mourinho, who previously worked with Matic at Chelsea, told his club’s website that it is not the first time the midfielder has found the net from long range – as he recalled goals he scored against Everton and Sporting in the Champions league.“He scored with Chelsea an amazing goal like this one at Goodison Park against Everton,” Mourinho said.“He scored a winning goal in Lisbon in the Champions League against Sporting; he’s scored a few goals – not many – but he’s scored a few goals.”Mourinho further added: “This season against Benfica, it was half a goal for him and half a goal for the Benfica goalkeeper [Mile Svilar]. But it is a goal of two extra points.”Matic will continue to be a key player for the club ahead of a run of three successive home games in three different competitions, starting with a visit of rivals Liverpool to Old Trafford on Saturday.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Manchester United’s Serbian midfielder Nemanja Matic celebrates scoring his team’s winner against Crystal PalaceMANCHESTER, United Kingdom, Mar 6 – Twitter is always the place to be when Manchester United wants to decide on their Man of the Match, as they give the fans the chance to vote for their favourite player.Nemanja Matic was named as United’s best performer on Monday night to give the Red Devils a cracker of a win at Selhurst Park. The Serbian scored a startling goal to secure an impressive come-from-behind 3-2 victory against Crystal Palace.
0Shares0000Napoli star Kalidou Koulibaly (right) rises highest to beat Radamel Falcao to a header during a tight first half in Russia. Photo/COURTSYSAMARA, Russia, June 28 – A powerful header from Barcelona’s Yerry Mina fired Colombia into the last 16 of the World Cup with a 1-0 win over Group H rivals Senegal, who crashed out due to a poorer disciplinary record than Japan.Colombia and Japan will play either England or Belgium, who were playing later Thursday. The South Americans, looking to reach the latter stages after reaching the quarter-finals in Brazil, risked going out of the tournament at the first hurdle.But after seeing the video assistant referee come to their rescue in a disappointing first half, Colombia were handed a last-16 lifeline 13 minutes from the end when Mina rose to meet a corner from the right and direct a header into the roof of Khadim Ndiaye’s net.Poland’s 1-0 consolation win over Japan meant the Asians finished level with Senegal, who were agonisingly eliminated because they were issued six yellow cards in the competition, two more than Japan.In Samara, Colombia coach Jose Pekerman kept faith with the attacking front line that thumped Poland 3-0, with midfielders Juan Quintero, James Rodriguez and Juan Cuadrado providing the support for striker Radamel Falcao up front.But by the end of an entertaining first half, Pekerman was forced to tinker when Rodriguez was forced off with an injury problem and replaced by Luis Muriel.Before then, Senegal had shown attacking potency but, all too often, failed to threaten David Ospina’s goal.Colombia’s best first-half chance came from a free-kick that saw Ndiaye dive to parry Juan Quintero’s powerful effort after Falcao had been sandwiched in mid-air.Yerry Mina scored for a second consecutive game© AFP Manan VATSYAYANAYet Colombia lacked pace and punch, and the trickery of Juan Cuadrado, so effective against Poland, failed to impress Senegal as they caught the Juventus man out more than once.When Cuadrado lost possession cheaply at the halfway line, Keita Balde sent Sadio Mane on his way towards goal before the Liverpool man fell under a challenge from defender Davinson Sanchez.Serbian referee Milorad Mazic pointed to the spot but amid Colombian protests he was called to consult the VAR, which showed Sanchez’s boot had made contact with the ball first.From another free kick Falcao was flagged offside when he headed Quintero’s floated delivery high and wide.Senegal responded, but Keita shot straight at Ospina after the ‘keeper had spilled a powerful drive by Mane.There was excitement among the Colombian fans when they learned Poland had scored against Japan, but Los Cafeteros struggled to do their bit.Hopes were raised when Quintero’s powerful free kick from the right was blocked in the area and fell to Muriel, whose shot was deflected out. From the corner, Falcao’s header was bundled wide.Penalty claims were waved away when Muriel fell dramatically under a challenge by Ndiaye as the ‘keeper rushed out to close him down.But the Samara stadium erupted as Colombia finally broke the deadlock.Cuadrado’s attempt to dribble into the area earned a corner, and Barcelona defender Mina rose highest to flash a header downwards that bounced up into the top of Ndiaye’s net on 77 minutes.Senegal rallied in the closing minutes and it took a series of great saves by Arsenal shot-stopped Ospina to keep Colombia in the tournament.0Shares0000(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today)
THERE were mixed fortunes for Donegal teams today.Donegal’s Minors have won the Ulster League after a five point victory over Tyrone at Brewster Park in Enniskillen.Declan Bonner’s young charges beat the red-hand county 1-15 to 2-07 in the final clash, leading throughout and only conceding the second goal late on. Tyrone’s Cormac O’Hagan was also sent off. Lorcan Connor netted for Donegal from the penalty spot.John Campbell and Caolan McGonigle had great games for Donegal today; and but for Packie O’Neill in the Tyrone goal, Donegal’s win would have been much greater.However Donegal’s senior hurlers were denied by the smallest of margins in the Nicky Rackard Cup, going down 1-12 to 1-11 against Roscommon. BONNER LEADS DONEGAL MINORS TO ULSTER LEAGUE SUCCESS – BUT SENIOR HURLERS LOSE TO ROSSIES was last modified: April 26th, 2014 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:donegalGAAhurlersMinors
RANKED Cavani ‘agrees’ to join new club and will complete free transfer next summer Merino is valued at £10million by Newcastle By October, that move was made permanent after the Spaniard had played enough games to trigger a clause in the deal.Merino signed a five-year deal at the time, but his progress was halted by injury and Newcastle are ready to cash in on him this summer.Real Betis have already shown an interest in the midfielder, who is valued at around £10m. Athletic Bilbao and Real Sociedad have joined Real Betis in the race for Newcastle United midfielder Mikel Merino.The 21-year-old moved to St. James’ Park last summer from Borussia Dortmund and he initially joined on loan. Tony Cascarino backs Everton to sign two strikers for Carlo Ancelotti LIVING THE DREAM three-way race Latest transfer gossip on talkSPORT.com moving on Man United joined by three other clubs in race for Erling Haaland The biggest market value losers in 2019, including Bale and ex-Liverpool star 1 But, according to Mundo Deportivo, Athletic Bilbao and Real Sociedad have thrown their hats into the ring too.The Spanish pair have been alerted to Merino’s availability and are ready to match any bid made by Betis. Where every Premier League club needs to strengthen in January Arsenal transfer news LIVE: Ndidi bid, targets named, Ozil is ‘skiving little git’ TOP WORK Top nine Premier League free transfers of the decade targets targets Liverpool’s signings under Michael Edwards – will Minamino be the next big hit? IN DEMAND LATEST REVEALED Kevin De Bruyne ‘loves Man City and wants to keep winning’, reveals father Chelsea confident of beating Man United and Liverpool to Sancho signing
Drumkeen Youth ClubWe are having our Easter quiz this Fri 05th April in St. Patrick’s hall @ 8pm, team of 4 only €20.Prizes for 1st 2nd and 3rd and also for the best team name. Please support the quiz as our members have worked so hard getting ready for it. Questions to suit everyone, refreshments and raffle on the night. Annual Church Gate CollectionThe annual Sinn Féin church gate collection will take place this weekend Sat 6th and Sun 7th April. Charlie Daly & H-Block Martyrs Sinn Féin Cumann DrumkeenLotto Results 27th Mar 02, 06, 18, 24. No jackpot winner, 4 winners. €25 each Daniel Slevin, Mountcharles. Teresa Mc Ginley, Dunfanaghy. Fred c/o Buncrana. Joe Dickie, Gweedore. Next weeks jackpot €900 Go raibh maith agat.Adult Cardio Céili ClassAdult Cardio Céili Class this Wed 20th March in Kees Hotel Stranorlar at 7pm. Contact Louise on 085 7229575 for details.Parish HallAnyone wishing to book the hall should contact Charlie Quinn on91/34010 or 087 7728608 Drumkeen NotesAnyone wishing to have material included for next weekPlease Email: email@example.com or text 086 4083625 (Deadline Saturday @ 6pm) Please note the new deadline.DD LOCAL – DRUMKEEN NOTES was last modified: March 30th, 2013 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:Drumkeen notes
Donegal All-Star forward Mark McHugh is one of four players who are understood to have sensationally left the county team.Mark McHughMcHugh’s shock departure comes less than a month before the county’s Ulster Championship clash with Derry.No reason has been given for the departure of McHugh and three other fringe players. The squad have recently returned from a team-building and warm weather training period in Portugal.Three substitutes, Thomas McKinley, Gary McFadden and Anton McFadden, are believed to have joined half-forward McHugh in walking out.Donegal manager Jim McGuinness has not yet confirmed the departure of the players.McHugh was not at training on Tuesday leading to speculation about his departure. The last eight Ulster match against Derry is on Sunday, 25 May.Donegal lost 1-16 to 1-10 in the Football League Division Two final at Croke Park last Sunday, a match in which Kilcar clubman McHugh was a substitute.McHugh won an All Star award in 2012 after helping Donegal to All-Ireland Championship success. SHOCK AS MARK McHUGH AND THREE OTHERS QUIT DONEGAL SQUAD was last modified: April 30th, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:donegalJim McGuinnessMark McHugh
The emergency services are attending the scene of an accident on the main Letterkenny to Lifford Road.Gardai are at the scene of the accident.The accident happened just before 9am close to Drumoghill.UPDATE: The road has since reopened and there are no serious casualties. EMERGENCY SERVICES AT SCENE OF CRASH ON LETTERKENY TO LIFFORD ROAD was last modified: May 3rd, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
Amphitheater-shaped canyons are common throughout the West – and even on Mars. Geologists had them pretty well figured out. Water seeps out the bottom of a wall, weakening the face of a cliff. Gradually, material collapses and leaves a large alcove that continues to recede headward. That idea is now questioned by a new theory that says catastrophic flooding produces these canyons suddenly. Space.com has a summary of a paper published in Science this week that re-evaluated a classic case, Box Canyon in Idaho. The new theory is that sudden flooding, perhaps from melting ice sheets to the north, released a torrent of water that cut the canyon at one time. The article estimated the complete canyon, cut into solid basalt, was eroded in 35 to 160 days at most. The flood theory explains unusual features, like scour marks on the walls and large boulders sitting out in the middle of nowhere, that were difficult to explain with the old theory. An idea of the size of this “megaflood” was given in the article. Michael Lamb, geomorphologist at UC Berkeley, said, “Imagine forcing a quarter of the flow in the Mississippi through a chute 32 times as narrow and 1,000 times as steep as the Mississippi River channel.” 800 to 2,800 metric tons of water could have blasted through the channel at 22 miles per hour. Space.com reported this article because of its implications for Mars research. If megafloods also formed the amphitheater-shaped canyons on the red planet, perhaps calm water did not exist for long periods – a blow for those hoping life would have time to exist.Another old-age paradigm has had to shift under new investigation. These kinds of canyons are very common in the arid southwest, like in the Grand Canyon. Where did the water come from in the desert? In the aftermath of a worldwide flood, such phenomena would be expected, but not in a place where geologists feel huge seas of Sahara-like sand ruled for millions of years. Access Research Network also reported on this paradigm-shifting theory.(Visited 26 times, 1 visits today)FacebookTwitterPinterestSave分享0
23 March 2006South Africa is to inject more resources into its African peace missions, extending the stay of its peacekeeping troops in four countries and sending a new detachment of peacekeepers to the Comoros ahead of presidential elections in that country.Government spokesperson Joel Netshitenzhe told reporters in Cape Town on Wednesday that South Africa was closely monitoring developments in politically unstable areas on the continent.Netshitenzhe said the Cabinet had decided to extend the deployment of members of the South African National Defence Force (SANDF) in four African countries – Burundi, Cote d’Ivoire, the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and Sudan – until 31 March 2007.South Africa has 950 SANDF members in Burundi as part of a UN operation; 46 SANDF members supporting the disarmament, demobilisation, reintegration and mediation process in Cote d’Ivoire; 339 SANDF members in Sudan as part of an African Union mission; and 110 SANDF members in the DRC.Netshitenzhe said an additional 14 SANDF members would be sent to the DRC to lend support with the integration and training of DRC soldiers.Netshitenzhe said South Africa would also deploy 371 SANDF members in the Comoros as part of an African Union force that will help to ensure an environment conducive to free and fair presidential elections.He added that South Africa had recently donated 10 tons of DDT to Mozambique to assist that country in its campaign to control malaria.“South Africa will also assist with training in the safe handling, application and monitoring of the use of insecticides in keeping with guideline of the World Health Organisation,” he said.Source: BuaNews