UG bomb threatsA female University of Guyana student was on Friday questioned and released in relation to the bomb threats made against the tertiary institution which surfaced primarily on social media.Based on information received the young woman was subsequently released following the intervention of her attorney Latchmi Rahamat.The University had postponed all classes until February 11, after a second bomb threat was directed at the learning institution on Thursday morning, thus resulting in the administration’s call to protect the lives of students and implement responsive measures.This is the second consecutive day in which threats were issued, resulting in a visit from both the Guyana Fire Service and the Guyana Police Force to conduct a thorough search of the premises.The University on Thursday said that time is needed for response mechanisms to be put in place in the case of any emergency and as such all classes were suspended. On February 11, all activities are scheduled to resume as per normal, the institution in a statement said, adding that it will also enable the institution to assess situations which occurred over the recent days.After Police ranks completed their search, it was noted that there has been “no significant threats” and further, that mischevous persons are behind these acts to disrupt the campus’s atmosphere.A meeting was convened on Wednesday evening with Vice Chancellor Ivelaw Griffith and other senior officials where “the situation was assessed and they were advised that the situation arose from mischievous students, either by themselves or other persons.”This first bomb threat emerged earlier on Wednesday which indicated that other persons will be planting explosives at various institutions. The posts were prevalent on Facebook as seen in the name of an unknown individual going by the name of “Ki Ra” on Wednesday saying, “This is not the end.”Apart from these threats, other schools within Georgetown received threats as well, raising concerns among parents about the level of security.The first, aimed at School of Nations, escalated when the Director Brian O’Toole was shot. He is said to be recovering well. Circumstances at the Bishops’ High School and Queen’s College resumed to normalcy.