Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes has condemned racial slur made at Scott Sinclair during the Scottish League Cup final.McInnes has slammed the Aberdeen fan who racially abused the Celtic player, but he insists it was a situation regarding an individual rather than a widespread problem for the Pittodrie club.Sinclair revealed his disappointments regarding the situation on social media after seeing a video of the racial slur aimed at him as he had a penalty saved during his club’s 1-0 win at Hampden.Aberdeen defender Shay Logan, who was himself a victim of racial slurs that saw Celtic winger Aleksandar Tonev banned for seven games in 2014, also called the Sinclair incident an utter disgrace.“If using the skin colour of somebody is what you have to do to try to offend a fellow human being you are losing in life,” said Logan, according to the Scotsman.Derek McInnes insists there isn’t a Premiership title race yet Henry Ikenna Ugwu – January 12, 2019 Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes believes there is no title race despite his side being one of the favourites to lift the Ladbrokes Premiership trophy…“BLACK WHITE ASIAN we are all the same.”McInnes also shares the views of his players as Aberdeen the fan will be punished duly once identifiedHe said: “Any racial abuse, in this day and age, is shocking. It’s embarrassing for the individual. It’s not a club issue for me. It’s the individual.”“That type of comment was maybe normal practice in the Sixties and Seventies, and it was appalling then and shocking then, and even more so now. It’s shocking that Scott Sinclair and any other player is still subjected to that.”
Li announced he was moving on from Re/code in February. In this case, the media shuffle comes full circle, as Li’s replacement at Re/code, Dan Frommer, joined the site from Quartz, where he was technology editor. “Over the past few months we have been strategically restructuring the company in order to adapt to the changes in the market and to insure IBT Media has a strong path to continued growth,” wrote CEO Etienne Uzac and CCO Johnathan Davis in a staff memo addressing the layoffs. “In these ever shifting and challenging times within our industry, we are responsible for sustaining and reinventing our company as best we can.” “As Kira Bindrim heads to Quartz, we are thrilled to welcome Ken into the Newsweek family and eager to have his sharp news sense and digital savvy guiding our operations,” said Newsweek editor-in-chief, Jim Impoco, in a statement. “Ken’s background includes a great mix of writing, editing and strong newsroom leadership that are critical for the managing editor role.” Newsweek wasted little time naming Bindrim’s replacement. Li had been with Re/code since its inception as a relaunch of the now-defunct AllThingsD.com in early 2014 and served in prior editorial roles at Thompson Reuters, Financial Times, and The Industry Standard, beginning his career as a tech reporter for the New York Daily News in 1996. Moviegoers can thank Li for allegedly inspiring “The Fast and the Furious” film franchise with an article in the May, 1998 issue of Vibe about street racing in New York City. Kira Bindrim Newsweek’s managing editor, Kira Bindrim, revealed today that she is leaving the magazine to join Atlantic Media as editor of Quartz’s newly formed Talent Lab, a global network aimed at discovering and developing new reporters. It’s been an interesting few months at IBT Media, which debuted redesigned websites for both Newsweek and International Business Times in December. Rumors of financial issues, missed payments, and disgruntled employees soon followed, culminating in the dismissal of at least 15 staffers last month. As part of the Ken Li announcement, Newsweek revealed a series of other staff changes. Kevin Dolak was promoted from executive editor, digital to national editor, overseeing 2016 election coverage. Social media director, Margarita Noriega, will step into Dolak’s previous role, while Iva Dixit will take over as social media editor. It’s true! After a 100 time at NW, I’m heading to @qz as editor of the nascent Talent Lab. SO excited to welcome @kenli729 as ME of @Newsweek! — Kira Bindrim (@KiraBind) April 25, 2016 Ken Li, founding editor-in-chief of Re/code, will take over as managing editor of Newsweek, overseeing day-to-day operations for the website and weekly magazine, according to an announcement this morning. Bindrim had served as Newsweek’s managing editor since 2013, around the time the brand was acquired by IBT Media, and helped oversee its return to print media the following year. Prior to Newsweek, Bindrim held roles at Thompson Reuters and Crain’s New York.
Security Internet Hacking Privacy Share your voice Biometric data has also been stolen in data breaches. In the breach on the US Office of Personnel Management in 2015, which government officials said they attributed to Chinese espionage, hackers stole 5.6 million sets of fingerprints belonging to federal employees. That number climbed from OPM’s initial announcement that hackers stole 1.1 million fingerprints. Post a comment Marriott breach: What to do when hackers steal your passport number Getty Images If your passport number gets stolen by hackers, California Attorney General Anthony Becerra wants you to hear about it. He and state assembly member Marc Levine unveiled a bill Thursday that would require companies to inform customers when passport numbers and biometric data get caught up in a data breach.”Knowledge is power, and all Californians deserve the power to take action if their passport numbers or biometric data have been accessed without authorization,” Becerra said in a press release Thursday.The bill comes in response to the breach of a Marriott-owned reservation system, made public in December, which compromised the information of about 383 million guests at the company’s Starwood hotel chain. Hackers stole more than five million unencrypted passport numbers, as well as more than 20 million encrypted passport numbers. Marriott did notify customers if their passport numbers were stolen, Becerra noted, but it wasn’t required by law.Passport numbers are valuable to potential identity thieves because they provide one more point of data about potential victims. However, criminals would have to use the numbers in expensive and sophisticated forged passports to travel internationally with the information. Passports numbers can be changed by reporting a passport lost or stolen; the replacement passport will have a new number. So they stole your passport number… Tags 0
Suspended DIG Mizanur Rahman in the court. Photo: AsaduzzamanSuspended deputy inspector general (DIG) of police Mizanur Rahman was shown arrested in a case over bribing an official of the Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC), reports UNB.Dhaka senior special judge AKM Emrul Kayesh passed the order after accepting a petition filed by the ACC.On 16 July, ACC director Sheikh Mohammad Fanafillah submitted a petition for showing DIG Mizan arrested in the case.Lawyer Ehsanul Haque Samaji stood for DIG Mizan while Mosharraf Hossain Kajal and Tapash Kumar Pal represented the ACC and the state respectively.ACC director Sheikh Mohammad Fanafillah filed a case against suspended DIG Mizanur Rahman and ACC director Khandaker Enamul Basir with Dhaka-1 coordinated district office under the Anti-Corruption Commission, over Tk 4 million bribery scandal on 16 July.A private TV channel reported recently that Mizan gave Tk 4 million to Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) director Khandaker Enamul Basir to get clean chit in a corruption case.DIG Mizan was an additional commissioner of Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP). He was withdrawn on 9 January last year following the allegation of threatening a female news presenter of a private television channel.He had also reportedly married a woman forcibly and tortured her. Mizan allegedly picked the 25-year-old woman up in July, 2017 and then forcibly married her.He had also implicated her in a false case whereby she was arrested and remained in jail for three weeks.The ACC on 24 June filed a case against four people, including DIG Mizanur Rahman, for amassing illegal wealth and concealing information.According to the case statement, the ACC found that DIG Mizan accumulated wealth worth Tk 32.8 million while he concealed information of wealth worth Tk 3.7 million in his wealth statement.
Travelweek Group << Previous PostNext Post >> Tuesday, January 23, 2018 Share More new bookings equal more bonuses with new Sandals Resorts incentive TORONTO — Agents can earn up to US$85 for every new booking with a just-released booking incentive bonus from Sandals Resorts – and there’s no limit to how much agents can earn.The bonus is “in appreciation of the continued support from the travel agent community [and] just in time for the all-important winter season,” says Sandals Resorts.Effective immediately, agents who book their clients now through March 15, 2018 (and for travel anytime) will receive a bonus payment, based on length of stay and room category for each new booking:Butler SuiteUS$35 bonus for 6-night stayUS$85 for 7 nights or moreClub / Concierge SuiteUS$25 bonus for 6-night stayUS$55 for 7 nights or moreLuxury / Deluxe RoomUS$15 bonus for 6-night stayUS$30 for 7 nights or moreAll bookings must be registered on Sandals’ travel agent portal taportal.sandals.com within 30 days of making the booking.The incentive booking bonus payments will be made within 10-14 business days after travel.More news: Air Canada’s global sales update includes Managing Director, Canada & USA SalesFor more information, travel agents are asked to contact their local Business Development Manager, call Inside Sales at 1-800-545-8283 or visit taportal.sandals.com. Tags: Agent Incentives, Sandals Resorts Posted by