Tag: 夜上海论坛A


Arteta on the verge of signing Flamengo defender


first_img Loading… Arsenal new boss Mikel Arteta is close to finalising the signing of Flamengo defender Pablo Mari his first signing since arriving the Emirates Stadium The 6ft 3ins centre back, who was formerly on Manchester City’s books, flew to London on Saturday with Arsenal technical director Edu for his medical after a £7.5million deal was put in place on Friday. The 26-year old had a series of loans while at City with Girona, NAC Breda and Alaves. Mari signed for Flamengo last year for just £1m, having failed to make a single appearance for City during his three years at the club. He impressed and had interest from other English clubs but was given the chance to move to Flamengo where he went on to win the Brazilian League and Copa Libertadores. The Spaniard played against Liverpool in the World Club Championships and is now poised to link up with former City coach Mikel Arteta at Arsenal.Advertisement FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted ContentYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of AnimeWho’s The Best Car Manufacturer Of All Time?7 Worst Things To Do To Your PhoneWho Earns More Than Ronaldo?Incredible Discoveries That Puzzled The Whole WorldThese Are The Best Stargazing Locations You Can Find On Earth10 Risky Jobs Some Women DoWho Earns More Than Ronaldo?The Most Exciting Cities In The World To VisitA Soviet Shot Put Thrower’s Record Hasn’t Been Beaten To This Day8 Weird Facts About Coffee That Will Surprise YouWhat Are The Most Delicious Foods Out There? Arteta joined City as Pep Guardiola’s assistant the same year as Mari joined the club and would have seen the player up close during their time together. Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta set to bring Pablo Mari in The Arsenal boss is desperate to bolster his defence this month with an injury crisis depleting his options and will be delighted the deal for Mari is almost over the line. Calum Chambers, Kieran Tierney and Sead Kolasinac are all currently out injured, and Arteta is still hopeful of bringing in a full-back despite Bukayo Saka impressing as an emergency left-back. Read Also Martnelli set to treble Arsenal wages to ward of Real Madrid Paris Saint-Germain’s Layvin Kurzawa was an option but the Frenchman now appears set to join Juventus with Mattia De Sciglio going in the other direction.last_img read more


Syracuse men’s soccer has the weapons to replace lost scoring


first_img Related Stories Syracuse men’s soccer has a ‘good problem’ at forwardGallery: Syracuse men’s soccer survives Loyola Marymount scare with 2-1 OT winOvertime corner-kick goal pushes Syracuse past Loyola Marymount, 2-1 With a straight face and an unwavering demeanor, Ian McIntyre offered a simple solution for how to replace last year’s top two goal scorers.“We’ve spoken to the NCAA and they’ve allowed Ben Polk and Julian Buescher to come and play for us,” he said matter-of-factly.Syracuse’s head coach was joking, of course. Polk and Buescher, who combined for almost half of the Orange’s goals in last season’s College Cup run, play Major League Soccer. They’re not coming back. The reality is No. 6 Syracuse (2-0) has lost its top two goal scorers and 57 percent of its scoring overall. To pick up the load, SU will look to a talented group of youngsters and a few older statesmen.This is nothing new. Last year, the Orange was tasked with replacing 70 percent of its production. All it did was score 44 goals, win the Atlantic Coast Conference tournament and advance to the national semifinal for the first time in program history.Three days into this season, the Orange had already scored five goals from four different players. A different player assisted on each goal. It’s that spread, balanced attack that will take this team as far as it can go.AdvertisementThis is placeholder text“Last year we were depending maybe a little bit too much on Julian and Ben,” senior midfielder Oyvind Alseth said. “In order to be successful, we need to spread those goals out more. Midfielders didn’t score enough last year, apart from Julian.”Rather than relying on only a couple of forwards, SU will look to five seniors with considerable playing experience. Alseth and Chris Nanco both started in all 25 games last year. Liam Callahan started in 24 games and, while Kenny Lassiter started only one game, he played in 19. Newcomer Sergio Camargo scored four goals and had five assists last year at Coastal Carolina, earning him second-team conference honors.Alseth has not yet scored, but he assisted on Sunday’s game winner over Loyola Marymount, and he’s generated good looks on goal. Nanco scored SU’s first goal of the season and Callahan, Lassiter and Camargo either scored or assisted on a goal in the season opener last Friday. Those five seniors totaled 13 goals last year and are expected to step up.Tack on a group of newcomers who have already seen time in the early going, and the offensive attack could be even deeper. Freshman forward Johannes Pieles, who hails from Germany, has already notched a two-goal game, including an overtime game winner. He has also assisted on a goal.Freshman midfielders Mo Adams and John-Austin Ricks, sophomore midfielder Jonathan Hagman and freshman Hampus Bergdahl also will provide attacking options. Louis Cross, a defender, assisted on Nanco’s lone goals this year.“We’ve got a lot of goals in them,” Alseth said. “Collectively, we’re going to be able to replace those.”That’s just what Syracuse did on Sunday night. Pieles, playing in Lassiter’s place, headed the ball into the net to beat LMU, 2-1, giving SU a 2-0 start to the season.“We’re certainly unproven,” McIntyre said, but “we’ve got some new blood.” Comments Published on August 29, 2016 at 9:28 pm Contact Matthew: mguti100@syr.edu | @MatthewGut21center_img Facebook Twitter Google+last_img read more


What does Jerry Jones’ cryptic comment mean for Jason Garrett’s future as Cowboys coach?


first_imgThis is a question Jones will be asked to address often over the next month or so, especially now that the Cowboys have lost three of their last four games in frustrating fashion. On his weekly radio appearance with 105.3 The Fan in Dallas on Tuesday, Jones’ answers on the topic fell in line with what he has said in the past. Except for one line.”In my opinion, Jason Garrett will be coaching in the NFL next year,” Jones said. Wait, what?MORE: Ranking Cowboys’ Jason Garrett replacement candidatesThis is an interesting “opinion” for Jones to have considering he directly controls Garrett’s employment future. Rather than suggesting Garrett could land a job in 2020 with one of the 31 other teams in the league, Jones could have doubled down on what feels like increasingly artificial confidence in Garrett. That was his approach for the rest of the interview.”First of all, he’s a good coach … one of the smartest coaches,” Jones said, confirming he plans to keep Garrett in place through 2019. “I’m glad to have him. He is the guy for the job.”Jerry Jones said on @1053thefan he’s retaining Jason Garrett for rest of season because “first of all, he’s a good coach” and “one of the smartest coaches.” His experience level helps balance younger members of staff. “I’m glad to have him. He is the guy for the job.”— Michael Gehlken (@GehlkenNFL) December 3, 2019Added Jones on how Garrett’s experience benefits Dallas’ current coaching staff: “When I decided to go with a younger makeup of a coaching staff, I decided that. And we did get it. We got Marc Colombo, we got it with Richard really impacting our defense, we got it several areas out there. Our special teams coach, our linebacker coach, When we the year before made a change with our receiver coach, and Kellen Moore the obvious one at coordinator.”I felt strongly that we could do and do that with a young group that still had experience to get. I felt we could to that with Jason Garrett there, he could be the safety net in case the wheels came off.”Jones also mentioned he had seen the list of candidates who could replace Garrett should the Cowboys not extend their coach. (No word on whether it was Sporting News’ list he saw.) He said those coaches “can’t guarantee a Super Bowl.”Obviously, neither can Garrett, whose overall record entering Week 14 of the 2019 season was 83-65, not including a 2-3 mark in five playoff games. Dallas is still looking for its first Super Bowl appearance since 1995.MORE: Mapping out Garrett’s future in DallasThat Jones would say he thinks Garrett will coach “in the NFL” next season rather than “the Cowboys” is interesting, especially in light of an NFL Media report that suggests Garrett and the Giants would have mutual interest should the coach hit the open market. Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones reportedly will not fire coach Jason Garrett before the end of the season. And why would he? As long as Dallas remains alive in the playoff picture, a deep postseason run for a still-talented team remains in play.But what about after the season, when Garrett’s contract with the Cowboys is set to expire? Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio speculated Garrett’s camp leaked that info in an effort to maintain leverage as the coach’s seat gets warmer. Perhaps Tuesday’s comment was a similar move by Jones.Diplomacy. https://t.co/NIJxz3gurV— Andrew Brandt (@AndrewBrandt) December 3, 2019Regardless, Jones’ lack of commitment to Garrett with his words Tuesday matches his actions. Simply put: If Jones wanted Garrett to continue as the Cowboys’ coach regardless of how the 2019 season plays out, the team owner already would have extended the coach’s contract.The Cowboys, 6-6 and still leading the NFC East over the 5-7 Eagles, have a chance to get back on track with a Thursday night game against the Bears in Chicago this week. Jones on Tuesday claimed “there’s boxes to be checked” for Garrett over the next four weeks and beyond, but he wouldn’t say whether Garrett needs to win a specific amount of games or reach a certain round of the playoffs.last_img read more