William’s father, Prince Charles, made his battle with coronavirus public in late March. One week later, a Clarence House spokesperson told Us that the Prince of Wales, 71, was “out of self-isolation” after consulting with a doctor.“I was lucky, in my case, and got away with it quite lightly. I’ve had it and can still understand what other people are going through,” Charles told Sky News in June. “I feel particularly for those, for instance, who’ve lost their loved ones but were unable to be with them at the time. That’s, to me, the most ghastly thing. But in order to prevent this from happening to so many more people, this is why I’m determined to find a way out of this.”Given the constantly evolving nature of COVID-19, Us Weekly wants our readers to have access to the most accurate resources. For the most up-to-date coronavirus information, guidance, and support, consult the CDC, WHO, and information from local public health officials. If you’re experiencing coronavirus symptoms, call your primary care provider for medical advice.Listen to Us Weekly’s Hot Hollywood as each week the editors of Us break down the hottest entertainment news stories! A source recently told Us that although he kept it to himself, William’s brush with COVID-19 was far from easy. “William insisted on keeping this low-key,” the insider revealed. “Only a handful of family members, senior royal staff and close friends knew about it at the time.”The insider continued, “He followed all the necessary self-isolation regulations, refused to let it get him down and even managed to work whilst recovering at home in a sectioned-off area. There were rough moments, of course, and William learned firsthand how awful this virus is and how seriously it needs to be taken.”- Advertisement – “[They] have had to adapt to new ways of working whilst continuing to save lives and help those in need, day-in-day-out,” he explained during the ceremony. “This is what makes the achievements that we are celebrating tonight all the more extraordinary.”William continued, “It is more important than ever that those on the frontline know where they can turn to for support. The work of the Fire Fighters Charity, and all of the organizations who support our blue light services, is central to ensuring the long-term health and wellbeing of our emergency responders.”Multiple reports stated on November 1 that William quietly battled coronavirus in April. According to The Sun, the prince struggled to breathe and was subsequently treated by palace doctors. He additionally followed the U.K. government’s guidelines by quarantining inside his Norfolk, England, home.- Advertisement – Showing his gratitude! Prince William knows the challenges of the novel coronavirus first-hand following his secret battle with the illness — and he’s now honoring first responders who have worked to save the lives of those suffering from it.On Wednesday, November 4, the Duke of Cambridge, 38, introduced the virtual edition of the annual Fire Fighter’s Charity Spirit of Fire Awards and presented the Special Recognition Award for Excellence in the Field of Mental Health. While presenting the honor, he noted how the COVID-19 crisis has “presented a unique challenge for all emergency responders” over the last several months.Prince William Shutterstock- Advertisement – – Advertisement –
Emirates Global Aluminium (EGA) last week announced the arrival of Cape Taweelah, the first fully-laden Capesize vessel to call at any GCC port at its quay at Khalifa Port in Abu Dhabi.Abu Dhabi Ports has modified the approaches to Khalifa Port to accommodate Capesize vessels bound for EGA, making it the first port in the Gulf able to accommodate these fully-loaded ships.Under the development project, the approaches have been deepened from 16.5 meters to 18.5 meters draft and widened from 250 meters to 280 meters.Commenting the latest news, Abdulla Kalban, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of EGA, said: “The arrival of Cape Taweelah is a landmark moment for EGA, but these huge ships will become a familiar sight at Khalifa Port over the years ahead. We are glad Abu Dhabi Ports addressed our need to bring Capesize vessels to our quay and decided to further develop the capabilities of Khalifa Port, also benefitting trade in Abu Dhabi and the UAE more broadly.”With a draft of 18.2 meters fully-laden, Capesize vessels are amongst the largest bulk cargo ships in the world.At other ports, Capesize vessels must be partially unloaded offshore before they can dock at the port safely, EGA said in its release.
Dharamsala: The first T20I between India and South Africa that was to be played here at the Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association (HPCA) stadium on Sunday was abandoned without a ball played due to rain. Intermittent rain throughout the day coupled with puddles of water on the covers meant that even the coin toss could not take place between India and South Africa. IANS Also Read: M.S. Dhoni has proved age is just a number, says Virat KohliAlso Watch:Police constable dies in road accident in Bongaigaon’s Manikpur | The Sentinel News | Assam News
The rivalry between former World Footballer of the Year recipient Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo took another dimension last week as the duo go head to head to erase age-long goal record set by legendary Pele.The duo in the last 11 years have five Ballon Dor each and had continued to break new ground in the present day football especially at club level when they have won several trophies both in domestic and Europe.Barcelona forward, Messi has scored his 576th goal in 660 appearances for Barcelona with goal against Levante last Thursday has his latest installment in Copa del Rey win for his club. Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Attachments area After beating Gerd Muller’s record of 565 goals for Bayern Munich in 1964-1969 back in November, the Argentine only has Pele ahead of him.Pele, who played for Santos between 1956 and 1974, scored incredible 619 goals in 638 games for the Brazilian side. Thus, Messi needs 44 more goals to get ahead of the legendary Brazilian forward.As Messi said back in November, he himself is not really focused on the individual achievements. “I am delighted, I have just found out now. I am happy for this new stat,” he told reporters after the game against PSV when he has also become the player with the most UCL goals for one club.Another player who also has a chance of beating Pele’s record is, of course, Cristiano Ronaldo. The Portuguese forward has scored an impressive 589 goals in 789 games. However, it also should be noted, that Ronaldo is 869 days older than his counterpart.Interestingly, Pele has bashed Messi for being a ‘one skill’ player back in December:“How can you make a comparison between a guy who heads the ball well, shoots with the left, shoots with the right and another who only shoots with one leg, only has one skill and doesn’t head the ball well?” Pele told Brazilian daily newspaper, Folha de Sao Paulo, as cited by the Mirror.Earlier in 2015, the Brazilian legend, never accepted the Barca no.10 as a better player than himself, even praised his life-long rival Diego Maradona as superior to Leo: “You will ask me,” Pele said, “was (Maradona) better than Messi? Yes, by a lot. Much better.”
Published on September 20, 2013 at 2:18 am Oct. 8, 2011Ryan Nassib wasn’t fazed.Even though Tulane had just tied the game with less than three minutes remaining in regulation, the Syracuse quarterback’s mind was clear as he returned to the field for the Orange’s next drive.“It’s time to win,” Nassib said after the game. “It’s time to breathe and focus. It wasn’t our first rodeo. All we had to do is just move the ball, get that first first down and just keep chugging.”Nassib led the SU offense 66 yards down the field, setting up Ross Krautman’s game-winning 21-yard field goal as time expired as the Orange came back to beat the Green Wave, 37-34.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textThe Syracuse defense blew a lead that was once as wide as 17 points, and the offense mustered just two second-half field goals after a 31-point first half, but the Orange managed to leave the Louisiana Superdome in New Orleans with a victory.“The biggest thought is always the win,” then-head coach Doug Marrone said. “There’s no doubt about it. It’s winning. That’s it.”In the first quarter, a 5-yard run by Antwon Bailey knotted the score at 7-7, and a 29-yard field goal from Krautman gave SU the edge going into the second quarter.That’s when the SU offense exploded.Nassib found wide receiver Dorian Graham for two touchdown passes, then ran one into the end zone from 4 yards out. With 2:58 left in the half, the Orange had a comfortable 31-14 lead.But it didn’t last.Forty-seven seconds later, Tulane’s Ryan Griffin connected with Xavier Rush for a 60-yard score, and a last-second field goal as the half ended brought the Green Wave within a touchdown.“We got down early, but our team never gave up,” Rush said at the time. “We always thought we could come out here and win.”The Orange defense clamped down in the second half after allowing Tulane 312 yards in the first half. A 49-yard field goal was all the home team scored in the third quarter.“We got that 17-point lead and we just kind of relaxed,” SU cornerback Kevyn Scott said. “It was like we just took things for granted. We just focused in and locked in and played our game.”Yet the Green Wave’s defensive unit was just as resistant, holding SU scoreless well into the fourth quarter.After a Krautman field goal put the Orange up 34-27 with 4:19 left on the clock, the Syracuse defense collapsed – literally. Syracuse cornerback Keon Lyn fell to the ground and Rush easily took a 58-yard pass to the house to tie the game.That’s when Nassib took the field.Thanks in part to a third-down personal foul on Tulane, Syracuse marched down the field. Nassib went to Bailey twice for 21 yards and gave him six carries for 24 yards on the drive, as Syracuse brought the ball inside the 5-yard line. Then Krautman lined up his kick and booted it through the uprights.“We’re going home happy,” Nassib said. “I’ve played this game long enough, and I’ve lost enough games to know that a win is not easy to come by.”— compiled by Phil D’Abbracio, asst. copy editor, email@example.com Comments Facebook Twitter Google+
The offers go to the West Moberly First Nations, the Prophet River First Nations, and the McLeod Lake Indian Band – all of which B.C. Hydro claims will “directly accommodate the residual impacts” of the project.The West Moberly offer is $3.5 million in lump-sum payments, $350,000 per year for 70 years – adjusted annually, and the potential transfer of 2,500 to 3,000 acres of Crown Land.The offer to Prophet River includes a $1 million lump-sum payment and the potential establishment of land protection measures for certain parcels of Crown land.- Advertisement -Finally, McLeod Lake is being offered the potential transfer of 2,500 acres of provincial land, $2 million in lump-sum payments, and $250,000 per year for 70 years – adjusted annually.The combined total of these three offers include $6.5 million upfront and an additional $42 million over 70 years.Each offer also comes with “other measures.” These “other measures” includes access to a further compensation fund totalling $10 million, as well as the designation of other tracts of land to be used as “winter range” for deer, moose and other ungulates, according to Palmer.Advertisement Click here to read the entire Vancouver Sun column. All of the offers, according to Palmer, are to compensate the findings of the joint review panel on impact to First Nations’ traditional activities – like hunting and trapping.It’s being reported that B.C. Hydro has already provided nearly $6 million to Aboriginal groups in the north to fund research and participation in the environmental review of the project, as well as other consultations – dating more than seven years.Funding for the three First Nations, according to the Sun report, is weighed against the economics of Site C – which is an estimated $400 million worth of electricity as year.This land and cash is being regarded as an open offer in the event that there are no settlements reached with the three First Nations.Advertisement