Tag: 大上海国际娱乐


Saints confident of seeing off Chelsea’s interest in youngster – report


first_imgSouthampton are confident they will keep defender Luke Shaw in spite of Chelsea’s £4m bid, The Sun on Sunday report.Chelsea are among several leading clubs to have shown an interest in the Saints prospect, 17, but have been told he is not for sale.Related West London Sport story: Chelsea to table bid for Saints prospect (2 July)Chelsea expect to complete the signing of Victor Moses from Wigan for £8.5m this week, according to the Daily Star Sunday.Wigan chairman Dave Whelan said: “I have spoken to Chelsea’s chief executive and they are easy to deal with. We have told them the price and they will agree it or not.Striker Torres reportedly has two weeks to prove himself.“We would much prefer Victor to sign a new contract but he wants to go to Chelsea. It’s a good club so we cannot stand in his way.”The Star also say Fernando Torres has two weeks to prove he can fill the boots of Didier Drogba.It is claimed that if the Spaniard doesn’t strike – starting against Manchester City today – boss Roberto Di Matteo won’t think twice about replacing him.Meanwhile, Fulham boss Martin Jol is considering a move for Sunderland’s Kieran Richardson and is making a surprise £3m bid to sign Bolton striker David Ngog, according to The People.Richardson has been tipped to leave the Stadium of Light for £2m, while Frenchman Ngog has been linked with several clubs since Bolton were relegated last season.It is also claimed that Jol is weighing up a move for Peterborough striker Paul Taylor if he misses out on Huddersfield’s Jordan Rhodes.The Mail on Sunday suggest Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers is prepared to offer Charlie Adam to Fulham as part of an exchange deal for Clint Dempsey.Blackpool have rejected the chance to sign Joey Barton from QPR on a season-long loan, the Sunday Mirror say.It was claimed that Barton was on the verge of a move to Bloomfield Road and that Blackpool were keen to sign him to get one over neighbours Fleetwood Town, where the midfielder had been training.It is now said that Blackpool did not think it made financial sense to sign a player who is suspended for the first 12 matches of the season.QPR are ready to tempt St Etienne with a £7.5m offer for young French centre-back Kurt Zouma, according to The Sun on Sunday.Rangers supposedly face competition from Juventus, who planned to watch the 17-year-old face Lille on Saturday.And The People pick up on R’s boss Mark Hughes’ apparent interest in signing William Gallas from Tottenham.This page is regularly updated.See also:Victor Moses ‘will complete £9m move to Chelsea’Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebooklast_img read more


‘If Muslims of India succeed, the country will succeed’


first_img“If 200 million Muslims of India succeed, India will succeed. So rather than getting filled with bigotry and hatred, we should try to bring people together and provide them an equal economic opportunity,” said Frank Islam, noted Indo-American entrepreneur and philanthropist.Speaking to The Hindu ahead of participating in the 202nd Sir Syed Day event at AMU as the chief guest on Thursday, the celebrated alumnus of the university said: “One nation under God is acceptable but not one nation under one religion and one language. That is not part of the secular ethos of the country. When you attack one set of people because of who they are, you attack the composite culture of India.” He said India was a “global beacon” for democracy and “we have to keep that momentum alive”.The head of FI Investment Group said he was not an expert on Islam but Islamic faith always had people who were entrepreneurs. “I am here to provide a connection between AMU and entrepreneurship. The students should go out and get jobs, create jobs and make a cha-nge in people’s lives. That’s what Sir Syed’s vision was.”He appealed to the Muslim youth to keep their chin high, aim high and work hard. “If you are good at something, people recognise your talent and give you opportunities. Don’t be afraid of hostility or get disheartened by prejudices; it probably happens in every country… There are Muslims who can’t afford good education. It is where people like me have a role to play,” said Mr. Islam who has funded the construction of an auditorium in the mass communication department and an entrepreneurship centre in the department of business administration in AMU.Modern educationOn the need for imparting modern education, Mr Islam said madrasas have to rework their curriculum to train youngsters for the 21st-century workforce. “I have always said reciting Koran is a very good thing, and one should do that, but it is not going to get you a job.”Aked about Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s recent visit to the U.S., Mr. Islam said he was able to capture the pulse of the Indian-American population. He added that there were protesters wherever Mr. Modi went but their number was much less than those who turned up to cheer for him.last_img read more


Concord Reuse Project Suffers New Setback


first_img Dan Cohen AUTHOR The city of Concord for the second time in two weeks has postponed a meeting of the city council to discuss the selection of a master developer for the former Concord Naval Weapons Station in northern California, after the apparent suicide of the city attorney who had been investigating allegations that one of the two competing firms improperly lobbied the city.The city first postponed the council’s discussion late last month after Catellus Development Corp. requested the city investigate its accusations that Lennar Urban had violated the negotiating agreement both finalists had signed. Catellus also asked why city staff failed to recommend a preferred master developer as expected.At the time of his death last week, city attorney Mark Coon was preparing a report on his investigation. It is not clear if Coon finished the report or when the city plans to release his findings, reported the Contra Costa Times.While the city council’s five council members have said Lennar did not lobby them, Concord Mayor Tim Grayson last month returned $12,600 in donations to his state Assembly campaign from companies or individuals linked to Lennar. Kofi Bonner, president of Lennar Urban, vigorously defended his firm’s conduct after Catellus’ accusations came out.The city council had been scheduled to meet Oct. 15 to discuss the selection of a master developer; the city has not yet rescheduled that meeting.The reuse plan for the 5,046-acre weapons station site calls for residential, commercial and office use clustered around the North Concord BART station with greenways and parks separating neighborhood villages. Almost 70 percent of the property would be open space and recreational facilities.————Image Sourcelast_img read more