Month: May 2021


Twin Towns pool will help realise regional sports centre ambition – Mc Gonagle


first_img Twitter WhatsApp Twitter Facebook Calls for maternity restrictions to be lifted at LUH RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Previous articleBook of evidence served in Clonmany crash caseNext articleNew NI laws allow woman missing in Donegal to be declared dead News Highland Twin Towns pool will help realise regional sports centre ambition – Mc Gonagle Newsx Adverts WhatsApp Facebook Three factors driving Donegal housing market – Robinson center_img NPHET ‘positive’ on easing restrictions – Donnelly The first sod has been turned this afternoon at the site of the long awaited Twin Towns swimming pool.Junior Tourism and Sports Minister Michael Ring was at the Finn Valley Leisure Centre for the function.He’ll also visit the site of the new Finn Harps Football Club Stadium, and carry out functions in Convoy, Fintown, Ballyshannon and Bundoran.Mr Ring acknowledged this is the end of a long saga……….[podcast]http://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/ring1pm.mp3[/podcast]Ireland’s Olympic Athletics Team Manager Patsy Mc Gonagle has been instrumental in the campaign to have the pool finished as part of a wider programme to boost sports facilities in the Twin Towns.He says it’s a very important day……….[podcast]http://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/patsy1pm.mp3[/podcast] Google+ Pinterest Google+ Help sought in search for missing 27 year old in Letterkenny By News Highland – February 9, 2012 Pinterest 448 new cases of Covid 19 reported today Guidelines for reopening of hospitality sector publishedlast_img read more


Letterkenny council to erect new signs on approach to hospital roundabout


first_img Twitter Business Matters Ep 45 – Boyd Robinson, Annette Houston & Michael Margey Twitter RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR WhatsApp Facebook Pinterest Need for issues with Mica redress scheme to be addressed raised in Seanad also Letterkenny Town Council is to erect signs advising motorists of lane changes on the Circular Road approach to the Hospital Roundabout. Previously, traffic travelling down De Valera Road used the outside lane, but now, De Valrea Road traffic is being directed into the inside lane, with the outtside lane just being used for traffic heading up the Kilmacrennan Road.The changes have been introduced within the past fortnight, with some questions raised about the lack of advance notice.Cllr Jimmy Kavanagh says the change is being made permanent, and the council is committed to erecting better signage……..[podcast]http://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/jimyk1pm.mp3[/podcast] Google+ Pinterest Google+center_img Calls for maternity restrictions to be lifted at LUH Letterkenny council to erect new signs on approach to hospital roundabout Previous articlePaul Hannigan rejects figures showing he earns more than the TaoiseachNext articleProtest held outside Bank of Ireland in Letterkenny News Highland LUH system challenged by however, work to reduce risk to patients ongoing – Dr Hamilton By News Highland – November 18, 2011 Newsx Adverts WhatsApp Guidelines for reopening of hospitality sector published Almost 10,000 appointments cancelled in Saolta Hospital Group this week Facebooklast_img read more


Students protesting against fees force their way into Guildhall


first_img Facebook Need for issues with Mica redress scheme to be addressed raised in Seanad also RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Google+ News Twitter LUH system challenged by however, work to reduce risk to patients ongoing – Dr Hamilton Google+ A number of students protesting against increases to university fees have forced their way into the Guildhall in Derry.According to the city’s mayor, the peaceful protest was only disrupted by “a very tiny minority within the crowd who were intent on causing trouble and did cause some damage”.Colum Eastwood also said Northern Bank staff were threatened by a small number of people who occupied the bank’s premises.He said he supported todays protest, but he says there were sinister elements to it:[podcast]http://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/colm530.mp3[/podcast] By News Highland – December 10, 2010 Facebook Twittercenter_img WhatsApp Business Matters Ep 45 – Boyd Robinson, Annette Houston & Michael Margey Pinterest WhatsApp Calls for maternity restrictions to be lifted at LUH Guidelines for reopening of hospitality sector published Students protesting against fees force their way into Guildhall Pinterest Previous articleAll roads now open in Donegal as focus switches to rebuilding salt reservesNext articleGovernment’s Supreme Court appeal will not be heard until the new year News Highland Almost 10,000 appointments cancelled in Saolta Hospital Group this week last_img read more


Buncrana murder “a return to the worst of the past” – Durkan


first_img Twitter Pinterest Buncrana murder “a return to the worst of the past” – Durkan Pinterest Facebook Google+ Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal There’s been widespread condemnation of the shooting dead of a 24 year old man outside Buncrana last night.It’s understood that shortly before 9.30 last night, three masked men approached a house at Links View in Lisfannon shot through a window. The man, named locally Andrew Allan, originally from Top of the Hill in the Waterside, was hit and later pronounced dead at the scene.A woman in the house at the time of the shooting was uninjured.Mr Allen’s body remains at the scene, which has been sealed off pending a forensic examination.Foyle MP Mark Durkan says the attack is a throwback to the worst of the past. He says those responsible are stuck in their old “Provoist” ways, and there can be no justification or excuse for this callous crime……….[podcast]http://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/00mdurk1pm.mp3[/podcast]Mr Durkan says this murder is an affront to the local community, a point echoed by Waterside Parish Priest Fr Michael Canny……….[podcast]http://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/canny10.mp3[/podcast] 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic WhatsApp Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry Facebookcenter_img Twitter Google+ Previous articleRing calls for unity in tourism promotion effortsNext articleCounty Manager addresses issues raised following publication of 2010 audit News Highland RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th News WhatsApp By News Highland – February 10, 2012 PSNI and Gardai urged to investigate Adams’ claims he sheltered on-the-run suspect in Donegal 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in Northlast_img read more


Donegal islanders precluded from fishing meeting


first_img Twitter Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry Pinterest MEP Pat the Cope Gallagher says he is disappointed that the European Fisheries Minister refused to meet with Island representatives today.The minister, Commissioner Maria Damanaki is in Ireland today on a two day visit.The islanders had planned to present the Minister with a survival plan for Islands – they argue that their fishing industry has been decemated by the 2006 ban on Salmon fishing.They are permitted to fish some species 15 miles from shore, but that is unsafe and unrealistic as their smaller boats can’t make that range. Newsx Adverts Google+ Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan fire Facebook 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North center_img By News Highland – September 22, 2011 Previous articleLocals disgusted by treatment of tourist in BallyliffenNext articleGroup of 30 TDs and Senators to undergo suicide training News Highland Pinterest Facebook WhatsApp Twitter Google+ Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal WhatsApp Donegal islanders precluded from fishing meetinglast_img read more


O’Neill and Mc Brearty should leave parties in light of Sligo u-turn – Pringle


first_img Twitter Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th Google+ O’Neill and Mc Brearty should leave parties in light of Sligo u-turn – Pringle A Donegal SW Deputy is called on Councillors Barry O’Neill and Frank McBrearty to resign from their respective parties in light of confirmation that cancer services will not be returned to Sligo General.Health Minister Dr James Reilly last night confirmed services would not be returned but did say the issues was under review.Prior to the last general election Fine Gael Councillor Barry O’Neill and Labour Councillor Frank Mc Brearty said they would resign if cancer services were not returned to Sligo.Since then Councillor O’Neil has changed the time frame to the term of this government while Councillor McBrearty said his pledge applied only if he was elected to the Dail.However, Independent Deputy Thomas Pringle says that’s not a valid distinction………[podcast]http://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/pringcancer.mp3[/podcast] Facebook 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Twitter By News Highland – June 24, 2011 center_img 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic Pinterest News Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan fire Pinterest Previous articleHarte urges HSE to ensure LGH junior doctor crisis is addressedNext articleHSE criticised for plan to charge for disabled transport News Highland Google+ Facebook WhatsApp WhatsApplast_img read more


Highland’s Farming News – Thursday 7th April


first_imgNewsPlayback Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th Google+ Previous articleDeclan Bonner given 24 week banNext articleSimon Cowell and Barack Obama pay tribute to American Idol on its final show admin Google+ Pinterest WhatsApp Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan fire Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal Twitter Twittercenter_img Pinterest A 15 Minute Programme presented by Chris Ashmore every Thursday at 7.05pm highlighting all that’s happening in the farming community.Audio Playerhttp://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Farming2.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume. RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North Facebook 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic Facebook By admin – April 7, 2016 WhatsApp Highland’s Farming News – Thursday 7th Aprillast_img read more


Deputy McDaid blames media for pubic frenzy over pensions


first_img Pinterest Deputy McDaid blames media for pubic frenzy over pensions Google+ 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th Newsx Adverts Twitter Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North Facebook WhatsApp Google+center_img WhatsApp By News Highland – May 6, 2010 Previous articleOutgoing County Manager wants his work continuedNext articleDonegal rape trial jury set to consider verdict News Highland Facebook Twitter RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan fire Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal Deputy  James McDaid has taken 11 minutes in the Dail to lay the blame at the door of some sections of the media for fuelling public opinion and paranoia on the issue of the Ministerial Pension.Speaking last night Dr McDaid once again stated that he will only give up his ministerial pension, which he donates to charity if it were a decision of the Dail and would not do so at the behest of a media witch hunt.Deputy McDaid is one just three serving politicians who have decided not to give up ministerial pension; another is MEP Pat the Cope Gallagher.Speaking in the Dail, and drawing comparisons with biblical times, Deputy McDaid was clear in who he blames for the pensions controversy:[podcast]http://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/06jim.mp3[/podcast] Pinterestlast_img read more


KFO wants Inshore Fishermen to have acces to closed VLA


first_img Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th By News Highland – May 16, 2012 KFO wants Inshore Fishermen to have acces to closed VLA Facebook Newsx Adverts RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR There are renewed calls for negotiations to take place with a view to opening a closed fishing area off the Donegal coast.The area has been closed since 2008 as part of a cod recovery plan.However, there has been a significant increase of haddock in the area with calls for Donegal’s inshore vessels to be allowed a catch closer to shore.The Killybegs Fishermens Organisation’s Sean O’Donoghue hopes a resolution can be found before the end of the year:[podcast]http://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/sean1pmVLA.mp3[/podcast] 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic Previous articleCouncillor believes HSE is determined to downgrade Lifford HospitalNext articleGAA – Donegal v Cavan Ulster Championship Preview Pt2 News Highland Twitter Twittercenter_img WhatsApp Google+ Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry Pinterest Google+ WhatsApp Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan fire Pinterest 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North Facebooklast_img read more


Deputy Pringle unsure Government will devise a replacement for mobility allowance grant


first_img WhatsApp Facebook 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North Google+ RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Previous articleSecurity seminar to be held in Letterkenny this evening in wake of spate of break-insNext articleUpdate: State begins presenting its argument to Supreme Court on right-to-die appeal News Highland Pinterest Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan fire A Donegal South West Deputy has said that we shouldn’t take it at face value that the Government will devise a replacement to the mobility allowance grant.The Department of Health confirmed yesterday that it was axing the Mobility Allowance and Motorised Transport Grant with immediate effect.But the Taoiseach Enda Kenny said work is underway to devise a replacement to the scheme.But Deputy Thomas Pringle said he’s wary of anything this Government says……[podcast]http://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/tp830.mp3[/podcast] WhatsApp Twitter Twittercenter_img Pinterest Deputy Pringle unsure Government will devise a replacement for mobility allowance grant 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry News Google+ By News Highland – February 28, 2013 Facebook Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal last_img read more