Homepage BannerNews Twitter By News Highland – April 5, 2021 Arranmore progress and potential flagged as population grows WhatsApp Pinterest WhatsApp Loganair’s new Derry – Liverpool air service takes off from CODA Police in Derry are appealing for witnesses and information following a report of a serious road traffic collision involving a car and two female pedestrians.A 15 and a 16-year-old girl who were sitting on the footpath at the time of the incident were taken to hospital for treatment for their injuries, which are not believed to be serious.No arrests have been made but police are actively seeking to identify the driver of this vehicle.They are appealing for witnesses to the collision or anyone who recalls seeing a white vehicle with a male driver prior to the collision, to get in touch as soon as possible.In particular, they are appealing for information about a white vehicle that was present in the area at the time, and had a learner’s ‘L’ plate on the rear window.Anyone with information is asked to contact police at Strand Road Station on 101 Google+ Police in Derry appealing for witnesses after two teenagers injured in collision Pinterest Facebook DL Debate – 24/05/21 Important message for people attending LUH’s INR clinic RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Facebook News, Sport and Obituaries on Monday May 24th Previous articleHighland Radio listener wins BIG this Easter Weekend!Next articleFurther unrest on the streets of Northern Ireland News Highland Google+ Twitter Nine til Noon Show – Listen back to Monday’s Programme
Home » News » Agencies & People » Winkworth about to pass 100-branch milestone previous nextAgencies & PeopleWinkworth about to pass 100-branch milestoneHelped by several key senior appointments this year including leading industry figure Michael Stoop, the agency added seven branches to its total during 2017.Nigel Lewis5th January 201801,222 Views Winkworth says its branch network is about to go past the 100-mark when it opens three new offices during the opening months of this year.This is on top of seven new branches opened last year including colds starts in Cheltenham (pictured, right), Sunningdale and Surbiton in London, three existing agencies converting to the Winkworth brand in Kingsbury (in London) and Dartmouth and Torbay in Devon plus an extra branch for an existing franchisee in Milford-on-Sea in Hampshire.The company also says it has seen an unusually busy period of new enquiries coming in about franchising opportunities – up by 26% year-on-year during 2017.Winkworth’s current expansive activity is down to, in part, the re-hiring of former franchisee Michael Stoop in July who, after 25 years spent away from the firm working for several franchising giants including Martin & Co, is now working for Winkworth as a consultant.“Following the success of last year, we’re putting more emphasis on our expansion over the course of 2018 to ensure we have a strong network of offices supported by some of the most skilled people in the industry,” says Winkworth CEO Dominic Agace (pictured, left).“We’re always on the lookout for experienced property professionals who want to take the next step in their career and open their own estate agency office, or those with an already successful estate agency looking to futureproof their business.“As a franchise we offer the best of both worlds, giving the independence you need to run your own estate agency, while providing the support and guidance for your office to be the best it can.”Anyone interested in a Winkworth franchise should email: [email protected] also won Gold in the Website of the Year category during last year’s Negotiator Awards for its recently-revamped company site.sunningdale Michael Stoop surbiton kinsbury Cheltenham dartmouth Dominic Agace torbay winkworth January 5, 2018Nigel LewisWhat’s your opinion? Cancel replyYou must be logged in to post a comment.Please note: This is a site for professional discussion. Comments will carry your full name and company.This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.Related articles Letting agent fined £11,500 over unlicenced rent-to-rent HMO3rd May 2021 BREAKING: Evictions paperwork must now include ‘breathing space’ scheme details30th April 2021 City dwellers most satisfied with where they live30th April 2021
SOCCER: Republic of Ireland U21 international Kyle Callan-McFadden is close to earning himself a stunning move to MLS side Orlando City.The Ramelton native has been without a club since he was released by Norwich City in May. Callan-McFadden was stunned when he was informed of his release by Norwich City manager Alex Neil when he returned from international duty in May.He had trained with a number of clubs in League One and League Two in England – but a move failed to materialize.However, it looks like he has earned himself a dream move to Orlando City in the MLS.Former Ballon d’or winner Kaka is the side’s star player – and it will be a dream from Callan-McFadden to play alongside the AC Milan star. Callan-McFadden posted a photo of himself on instagram earlier which showed him in the club’s training gear.Underneath the snap were a series of good luck messages from friends and family congratulating him on the new move.It hasn’t been officially confirmed yet on the club’s website – although they did say the former Swilly Rovers youth player was on trial with the club.If the moves does goes ahead it will be a sensational move for the talented Donegal defender. FORMER SWILLY ROVERS PLAYER SET TO LINK UP WITH KAKA IN ORLANDO was last modified: October 7th, 2015 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Home-page Sportnews
Music is a great way to foster social cohesion and nation building. This is the basis upon which Music is a Great Investment (MIAGI) was established by opera singer, Robert Brooks and pianist, Ingrid Hedlund in 2001. This is a Pretoria based Non-Profit Organisation with a vision of bringing people, particularly children and youth, together through music while creating platforms for creativity, self-expression, learning, employment, cultural exchange, social development and leadership development. The idea is that music transcends many differences and cultivates innovation. South Africa contends with factors of racial, cultural, religious, class, gender and age differences. These factors, if not addressed in an intentional manner, can have an impact on the unity of members of society and their ability to work together towards the wellbeing of all its members; as well as the development of a common identity. MIAGI aims to address this through three main methods namely, the MIAGI Orchestra, the MIAGI Music and Community Centres and using the MIAGI international profile to attract investment for development work in South Africa. The MIAGI Orchestra is made up of group of young South African men and women of all races. This is a classically trained orchestra that have created a unique sound by infusing elements of African Jazz into their compositions. The orchestra, in its makeup, symbolises South Africa’s diversity and through its unique sound demonstrates the country’s distinct Nation Brand to the world. The MIAGI Music and Community Centres aim to provide arts and culture education for children in informal communities. MIAGI has built, developed and managed a music centre on the premises of the Morris Isaacson High School in Soweto. The success of this Centre has inspired the development of an Arts Complex in Khayelitsha aimed at young children. Through the high level visibility of the Orchestra’s international events and the success of Music and Community Centres, MIAGI has attracted investment from the international donor community. The investment has gone a long way in propelling MIAGI’s success. Follow MIAGI on their official website and on social media on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube to find where you can catch the orchestra performing and how you can play your part.
About the authorAnsser SadiqShare the loveHave your say Silva insists West Ham was turning point for Evertonby Ansser Sadiq7 hours agoSend to a friendShare the loveEverton manager Marco Silva believes that his team experienced a turning point against West Ham United.The Blues boss believes their gritty 2-0 win at Goodison Park over the Hammers will see them revive their season.The Toffees were in the relegation zone before that game, but are now looking to get back into the top half of the table.”We performed so well, we showed that quality, that pride in ourselves to play the level we played,” Silva told reporters.”Of course we have to build from that. It was a turning point for us. It does not mean we will win all the matches from now until the end of the season of course but we have to play in that way, always to win, always with that pride in ourselves.”We have to play with that pace, with that desire to win the game, and play with freedom like we did even if that pressure was there.”
Ohio State sophomore Joey Bosa was a huge part of the Buckeyes’ national championship run this past year. He’s also one of the most popular players on the team – both in the locker room and with the fan base. The combination has apparently led to at least one Buckeyes supporter naming his new puppy after the defensive end.Kit Hartsfield, an Ohio State fan who actually played some ball at Austin Peay, tweeted out a photo of his incredibly cute new pet. He named him “Bosa”, and tweeted a photo at the player himself. Bosa retweeted the photo.Meet Bosa @jbbigbear pic.twitter.com/aDQSPQ0k3v— Kit Hartsfield (@khartsfield2) February 23, 2015This past June, we wrote an article about the baby name “Braxton” seeing a 300% increase from 2011 to 2013. Perhaps “Bosa” will the the equivalent when it comes to naming pets.
Jamaica has been appointed to coordinate the United Nations World Tourism Organization’s (UNWTO) recovery programme for Caribbean states that have been adversely impacted by recent hurricanes.Minister of Tourism, Hon. Edmund Bartlett, said the UNWTO at its recent General Assembly held in China decided that Jamaica should take the lead in guiding the effort in getting the affected countries back to normality.He was addressing a press briefing on Friday (October 6), at the Jamaica Tourist Board (JTB) offices in New Kingston.The Tourism Minister informed that the meeting in China looked at measures to assist the Caribbean with natural disaster risk management and response initiatives.Further discussions will be held at the UNWTO/Government of Jamaica and the World Bank Conference on Jobs and Inclusive Growth, slated for Montego Bay, St. James, from November 27 to 29.The region’s restoration programme will take centre stage at the State of the Tourism Industry Conference (SOTIC) scheduled for October 10 to 13 in Grenada.Leading experts in disaster preparedness and mitigation, recovery, funding, airport development and maintenance, and other sectors will gather to strategise during a special segment, ‘Recover and Rebuild’.Minister Bartlett noted that a number of agencies in the region are already working to minimise the long-term effect from Hurricanes Irma and Maria.They are the Caribbean Tourism Organization (CTO) and Caribbean Hotel and Tourism Association (CHTA), aided by the Caribbean Disaster Emergency Management Agency (CDEMA).Minister Bartlett informed that technical teams from CTO and CDEMA are active in the various islands doing rapid needs assessments and coordinating with national authorities for effective management of interventions, “to mitigate the pain and hardships that are pervasive at this time”.Minister Bartlett pointed out that the SOTIC forum will focus on the economic cost of disasters, including the potential impact on gross domestic product (GDP), employment, cost of rebuilding and recovery. The report, he said, will have industry-wide, international significance.The Minister urged persons in the tourism industry and government officials in the region and other countries, to help “set the course for recovery and growth for all of us over the next year, and shape the future of tourism in the Caribbean region”.
TORONTO – One of Google’s sister companies will help build a high-tech neighbourhood on Toronto’s waterfront.Sidewalk Labs, owned by Google’s parent company Alphabet, won a competition to partner with Waterfront Toronto to develop the project — named Sidewalk Toronto — as part of the Quayside neighbourhood.Tuesday’s announcement, headlined by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, will see Google Canada move its headquarters to anchor the development in the city’s port lands area.“This will create a test bed for new technologies in Quayside,” Trudeau said. “Technologies that will help us build smarter, greener, more inclusive cities which we hope to see scale across Toronto’s eastern waterfront and eventually in other parts of Canada and around the world.”Few specifics of the development were available, but Sidewalk said the area will be a hub for urban innovation built “from the internet up” that will tap into Toronto’s tech sector to ultimately “improve the quality of city life.”Eric Schmidt, executive chairman of Alphabet, touted both Toronto’s multicultural population and Canada’s immigration policy as part of the reasoning for choosing the country’s most populous city for a US$50-million investment.“You guys are the home for immigrants — excellent,” Schmidt said. “Try to remember that technology is powered by immigrants. I need to tell some people in America, so please continue.”Schmidt said he met with Trudeau shortly after the 2015 federal election. He said Trudeau came to him and said Canada wanted to be the next Silicon Valley, the world’s leading technology hub in California.“I hear this a lot from politicians, but somehow I believed him,” Schmidt said.So Sidewalk Labs bid on the waterfront project.“This is the culmination on our side of almost 10 years of thinking about how technology could improve the quality of people’s lives in the ways that have been defined already, whether it’s inequality and access and opportunity and entrepreneurship,” Schmidt said.Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne said the development won’t just be another technology park. Mayor John Tory said the project will also allow companies to address problems such as housing affordability and mobility issues.Several months ago, the federal, provincial and municipal governments announced a $1.25 billion flood protection and waterfront revitalization investment in the same area.
The country’s annual inflation rate cooled slightly last month but, at 2.2 per cent, it stayed hot enough to hover above the two per cent midpoint of the central bank’s ideal range, Statistics Canada said Friday in a new report.Headline inflation for April was a little lower than the March number of 2.3 per cent, which was the rate’s strongest year-over-year reading since 2014. It matched the 2.2 per cent figure for February.The upward pressure on inflation last month was led by higher costs for gasoline, air transportation and restaurants. The biggest downward forces came from cheaper prices for digital equipment, travel tours and natural gas.Core prices, meanwhile, also continued their gradual, upward climb last month, the report said.The average of the Bank of Canada’s three measures of core inflation, which omits more-volatile items like pump prices, edged above the two per cent mark last month for the first time since February 2012. The core average was 2.03 per cent, up from 1.97 per cent the previous month.The Bank of Canada carefully scrutinizes inflation numbers ahead of its interest-rate decisions. It can use rate hikes as a tool to help prevent inflation from climbing too high.But recent readings are unlikely to have a major impact on an upcoming rate decision because governor Stephen Poloz has predicted inflation to remain above two per cent for all of 2018.Last month, Poloz challenged the notion that two per cent represents some unbreachable barrier. With higher energy prices, he said it’s natural for the long-term trendline to balance itself out — and he called it a “positive thing.”“What I don’t want is for people to spend this entire year asking what I’m up to because inflation is above target,” Poloz told reporters during a late-April visit to Washington, D.C..“You need every once in a while to remind people there’s a range, and that’s okay. The policy allows for this. We’re not violating our target in some way.”The bank’s inflation range is one to three per cent, but considerable attention is focused on where the rate sits relative to the two per cent midpoint.Last month, the central bank raised its headline inflation projections as it pointed to the temporary effects of higher gasoline prices and minimum wage increases. The bank is now expecting inflation to average 2.3 per cent this year before settling back down to 2.1 per cent in 2019.Poloz has raised the central bank’s benchmark interest rate three times since last July and is expected to remain on his rate-hiking path with the economy operating close to its capacity.But last month the bank left its key rate at 1.25 per cent, where it has been since January.Poloz said that the economy was still unable to maintain its pace without the stimulative power of lower rates, despite recent improvements.The bank’s next rate decision is May 30, but many analysts have been predicting Poloz will wait until July before introducing another rate increase.In a separate report Friday, Statistics Canada released its latest figures for retail trade, which showed an increase for a third-straight month with sales rising 0.6 per cent in March. Retail sales rose to a total of $50.2 billion.Retail trade also saw increases of 0.5 per cent in February and 0.3 per cent in January.The report said higher sales in March for vehicles and automotive parts — especially by new car dealers — more than offset weaker sales at food and beverage stores and gas stations. By excluding sales of vehicles and parts, retail trade would have contracted 0.2 per cent in March.
FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – Environment Canada says a period of very cold wind chills is expected tonight and into Friday.A brisk north wind combined with overnight temperatures near -28C will create extreme wind chill values near -40 overnight and Friday morning.Wind chill values will moderate to the mid -30s Friday afternoon. Watch for cold-related symptoms: shortness of breath, chest pain, muscle pain and weakness, numbness and colour change in fingers and toes.Remember to dress warmly. Dress in layers that you can remove if you get too warm. The outer layer should be wind resistant.Remember to cover up. Frostbite can develop within minutes on exposed skin, especially with the wind chill.