Tag: 南京建邺区男士spa


Eight journalists freed after 17 months in prison


first_imgNews May 21, 2021 Find out more News Organisation April 9, 2007 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Eight journalists freed after 17 months in prison Follow the news on Ethiopia News EthiopiaAfrica Help by sharing this information Two of the 13 journalists still in prison are suspected of being agents of the separatist Oromo Liberation Front (OLF). Reporters Without Borders welcomed the release from prison of eight journalists after the federal high court cleared them today of subversion. The organisation called for 13 others held since November 2005 to be freed at once.“The Ethiopian judiciary has begun to realise the extravagant and dangerous side to this drawn-out episode,” it said. “We are especially glad that Serkalem Fasil and Eskinder Nega have been freed and will now be able to look after their child, who was born in prison last year. Also that the most serious charges against those still being held have been dropped. When these others have been freed, Ethiopia can return to the path of dialogue and democracy.” EthiopiaAfrica The court asked editors Dawit Kebede (Hadar), Mesfin Tesfaye (Abay), Andualem Ayele (Ethiop) and Wonakseged Zeleke (Asqual), as well as two others, Zelalem Guebre (Menilik) and Abey Gizaw (Netsanet), who were tried in their absence, to present their defence. “Genocide” and “high treason” charges have been dropped against them and they will be tried for “plotting to overthrow the government” and “incitement to rebellion.”center_img RSF_en to go further Receive email alerts Ethiopia arbitrarily suspends New York Times reporter’s accreditation February 10, 2021 Find out more Journalist attacked, threatened in her Addis Ababa home Reporters Without Borders welcomed the release from prison of eight journalists after the federal high court cleared them today of subversion. The organisation called for 13 others held since November 2005 to be freed at once. May 18, 2021 Find out more The court today acquitted 25 people who have been on trial for the past year on charges of “genocide,” “high treason” and “plotting to overthrow the government.” They were arrested in November 2005 after a police crackdown on demonstrations by the main opposition group, the Coalition for Unity and Democracy (CUD, or Kinijit in Amharic).Eight of the 25 were journalists. They included managing editors Zekarias Tesfaye (Netsanet), Sisay Agena (Ethiop), Eskinder Nega and his wife Serkalem Fasil (who gave birth to their child in prison last June) (Asqual, Menelik and Satenaw) and Fasil Yenealem (Addis Zena), along with Dereje Habtewold (assistant editor of Menilik and Netsanet), Nardos Meaza (editor of Satenaw) and Feleke Tibebu (assistant editor of Hadar). The court said the government had not proved its case against them. RSF condemns NYT reporter’s unprecedented expulsion from Ethiopia Newslast_img read more


SMEDIA recognition for quality journalism is in the post


first_imgNewsEducationLimerickSMEDIA recognition for quality journalism is in the postBy Editor – April 19, 2018 1310 Limerick’s National Camogie League double header to be streamed live Previous articleTen years of Choke improvNext articleLimerick farmers still trying to catch-up after extreme weather Editor Limerick Artist ‘Willzee’ releases new Music Video – “A Dream of Peace” Student Media Awards nominees Cian Reinhardt, Sports Photographer of the Year award nominee, and Simon Bourke, Journalist of the Year award nominee. Picture: Cian ReinhardtTWO trainee journalists working with the Limerick Post newspaper are in line for national media awards.Columnist Simon Bourke and social media co-ordinator Cian Reinhardt, who are mature students at the University of Limerick, have been nominated for national student media (Smedia) awards which will be presented in Dublin’s Aviva Stadium on this Thursday night.Simon, who is fourth year Journalism and New Media student, is in contention for the Journalist of the Year title. Among the Kilkenny man’s entries is the story of a Limerick family’s extraordinary journey to ease the agony of terminal illness, which was  published in the Limerick Post.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up Cian, who is also in his final year of the Journalism and New Media degree course,has been nominated for Sports Photographer of the Year. A native of Waterford City, he has been working with the Limerick Post for the past two yearsFor the second year running, Limerick Voice, the newspaper produced by UL journalism students has been nominated for Newspaper of the Year. Its online platform has also been nominated for Website of the Year.The largest competition of its kind in Ireland, the Smedias recognise and celebrate the next generation of media talent. Open to students from every college across Ireland, the awards are judged by key media industry leaders including  Mark Hennessey, News Editor of The Irish Times, and Fionnan Sheahan, Editor of The Irish Independent.Second and fourth year students students Mark Boylan and Ger Flanagan are both in the running for the title of Sports Writer of the Year. Their stories include features about people overcoming enormous physical disabilities to achieve greatness on the sporting fields.Babble the digital magazine produced by second year journalism students in UL has secured two nominations: Small Society Publication and Layout of the Year.Journalism student Marisa Kennedy who worked as editor of Limerick Voice 2017 said she was honoured to see the newspaper and website represented in so many categories.“I am delighted that the Limerick Voice newspaper has been nominated for three Smedia Awards with further nominations for our online editor, photos editor and two of our reporters. UL has enjoyed a high degree of success at the Smedias in recent years which is due to the continued advancement of journalism in the university and to those who work tirelessly in the department. I hope Limerick Voice will continue this successful streak next Thursday at the awards night.”UL Head of Journalism Mary Dundon congratulated all of this year’s nominees.“We are delighted to see the hard work of our journalism students being validated by national media industry figures. These nominations are a testament to our students’ dedication and talent and also to the excellent edition of the Limerick Voice overseen by Kathryn Hayes again this year. We are also thrilled to the see the online magazine, Babble, produced by our second year students and overseen by Colin McGann, nominated for two awards this year.According to UL Journalism lecturer Kathryn Hayes industry recognition for high quality journalistic skills is extremely valuable for UL journalism students going forward in their careers.“A core focus of journalism education in UL is to prepare students for the world of work and problem based or experintial learning is an intergral part of our teaching which enables students to build a portfolio which can be showcased at event’s such as the National Student Media Awards.”The UL nominations in this year’s awards include:Newspaper of the Year – Limerick VoiceSmall College/Society publication of the year – Limerick Voice and Babble MagazineLayout and Design of the Year (newspaper) – Limerick Voice.Layout and Design of the Year (magazine)  – BabbleJournalist of the Year – Simon BourkeSports Photographer of the Year – Cian ReinhardtSports Writer of the Year – Mark Boylan and  Ger FlanaganWebsite of the Year – Limerick VoiceEditor of the Year – Anna CullenSee more Limerick news here Predictions on the future of learning discussed at Limerick Lifelong Learning Festival Print WATCH: “Everyone is fighting so hard to get on” – Pat Ryan on competitive camogie squads Advertisement Facebookcenter_img RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Linkedin Billy Lee names strong Limerick side to take on Wicklow in crucial Division 3 clash Limerick Ladies National Football League opener to be streamed live Twitter TAGSCian ReinhardtJournalismLimerick PostLimerick VoiceSimon BourkeSMEDIAUniversity of Limerick Email WhatsApplast_img read more


Four other disturbances detected in the Atlantic and in the Gulf of Mexico


first_imgAs we prepare for Hurricane Dorian, The National Hurricane Center is also monitoring four other tropical disturbances in the Atlantic and in the Gulf of Mexico.According to the report, two of the disturbances have at least a 60% chance of developing over the next 48 hours, while the two others, have a 30% or less chance of forming over the 48 hours.The first disturbance is located about 300 miles west of the Cabo Verde Islands and is moving northwestward across the eastern tropical Atlantic ocean. It is forecasted to have an 80% chance of forming into a tropical depression over the next 48 hours, and about a 90% chance of forming into a depression over the next five days.The second disturbance is located just near the south-central Gulf of Mexico and is moving westward toward the Mexico coast. According to the report, this disturbance has a 60% chance of forming through the next 48 hours and a 70% chance of forming through the next five days.The third disturbance is currently located about a few hundred miles south-southeast of Bermuda. This system is moving northward or north-northwestward, and is forecasted to have a 30% of forming through the next 48 hours, and a medium chance at 40% of forming through the next five days.The fourth disturbance is a tropical wave which is forecasted to form between Africa and the Cabo Verde Islands. As of now, there is no change of this system forming in the next 48 hours but over the next five days, that chance increases to 40% chance of forming over the next five days.last_img read more


Latest World Cup mascot unveiled


first_imgFIFA and the Local Organising Committee (LOC) were pleased to share with the world one of the most important ambassadors for the global event on Brazilian broadcaster TV Globo’s weekly Fantástico entertainment show.“I’m delighted to welcome such an important member to the 2014 team,” Brazil World Cup legend Ronaldo said.which he has for the sport and for his country.”The Brazilian population will give the mascot its name via a public vote, which will conclude in mid-November. The three options are Amijubi, Fuleco and Zuzeco.“The fact that the three-banded armadillo is a vulnerable species is very fitting,” FIFA Secretary General Jerome Valcke said.“One of the key objectives through the 2014 FIFA World Cup is to use the event as a platform to communicate the importance of the environment and ecology. “We are glad to be able to do so with the help of a mascot who I’m sure will be much-loved, not only in Brazil, but all over the world.”last_img read more