Tag: 唐人阁江苏九品升级南京2019晟


Journalist is freed, flies to The Hague and pleads not guilty


first_img News Ten RSF recommendations for the European Union October 14, 2005 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Journalist is freed, flies to The Hague and pleads not guilty Journalist Josip Jovic was released on 13 October after a week in prison in Split and flew voluntarily to The Hague today where he pleaded not guilty of contempt of court before the International Criminal Court for ex-Yugoslavia. He was given permission to return to Croatia pending trial. ————————————————————-Journalist arrested at home on the order of the international criminal court for ex-Yugoslavia7 October 2005Reporters Without Borders called for the release on bail of journalist Josip Jovic, arrested at his Split home on the order of the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia (ICTY) on a charge of contempt of court.The 6 October 2005 arrest of Jovic, editor of the daily Slobodna Dalmacija was televised and shown the same evening on Croatian TV since he was in process of giving an interview at his home. Jovic’s arrest followed the issue of a warrant by the ICTY signed by a judge at a court in Split. He was placed in custody in a local prison while awaiting extradition to The Hague, which could take several weeks since he plans to appeal to the Croatian constitutional court and the Supreme Court.“We condemn this sudden arrest of Jovic by the Croatian justice system based on a ICTY arrest warrant, which appears disproportionate to the crime he is accused of and sets a dangerous precedent,” the worldwide press freedom organisation said.Considering the mandate of the tribunal in The Hague, which is supposed to try the most serious of international crimes, it is surprising that one of its decisions led to the arrest of a journalist who, even if he did not respect the law, has not committed a crime of violence.”“The same goes for the four other Croatian journalists also accused of contempt of court. Considering that this journalist represents no danger for Croatia and the ICTY, he should be released on bail.”Jovic failed to appear before the judges in The Hague on 26 September, unlike his colleague Marijan Krizic, editor of the weekly Hrvatsko Slovo, who answered his summons and was allowed to leave the court again freely.The two journalists are accused of contempt of court, along with Ivica Marijacic, editor of Hrvatski List, Stjepan Seselj, editor of Hrvatsko Slovo, and Domagoj Margetic, editor of Novo Hrvatsko Slovo, for revealing the identity of a protected witnesses, the current Croatian President, Stipe Mesic, at the trial of Tihomir Blaskic in 1997. They face up to seven years in prison and a fine of 100,000 euros. The trial of Ivica Marijacic, Stjepan Seselj, and Domagoj Margetic, who revealed the identity of Mesic in their newspapers in November 2004, is to open at the end of October.This confidential information had already been posted on the Documentation and Information Centre Veritas (www.veritas.org.yu) in 1999, and carried by the Bosnian daily Bih Dani, on 1st June 2001.“I will act in solidarity with my colleague and I prefer to go to prison rather than plead guilty before the ICTY”, Domagoj Margetic told Reporters Without Borders.The ICTY chief prosecutor, Carla Del Ponte, said on 4 October that she was in favour of membership talks between Croatia and the EU, since Zagreb was fully cooperating with the ICTY. She had given an unfavourable opinion in March, complaining that the Croatian authorities were dragging their feet in arresting fugitive general, Ante Govina, charged by judges in The Hague in 2001. RSF_en Help by sharing this information Organisation CroatiaEurope – Central Asia Follow the news on Croatia Receive email alerts Use the Digital Services Act to make democracy prevail over platform interests, RSF tells EUcenter_img News News June 2, 2021 Find out more to go further December 2, 2020 Find out more CroatiaEurope – Central Asia News November 23, 2020 Find out more RSF and 60 other organisations call for an EU anti-SLAPP directive last_img read more


Just How Far Has REO Fallen?


Related Articles About Author: Brian Honea Just How Far Has REO Fallen? Home / Daily Dose / Just How Far Has REO Fallen? The Best Markets For Residential Property Investors 2 days ago Brian Honea’s writing and editing career spans nearly two decades across many forms of media. He served as sports editor for two suburban newspaper chains in the DFW area and has freelanced for such publications as the Yahoo! Contributor Network, Dallas Home Improvement magazine, and the Dallas Morning News. He has written four non-fiction sports books, the latest of which, The Life of Coach Chuck Curtis, was published by the TCU Press in December 2014. A lifelong Texan, Brian received his master’s degree from Amberton University in Garland. Servicers Navigate the Post-Pandemic World 2 days ago  Print This Post The Best Markets For Residential Property Investors 2 days ago The Week Ahead: Nearing the Forbearance Exit 2 days ago in Daily Dose, Featured, News, REO Governmental Measures Target Expanded Access to Affordable Housing 2 days ago Governmental Measures Target Expanded Access to Affordable Housing 2 days ago Share Save Demand Propels Home Prices Upward 2 days ago Sign up for DS News Daily Tagged with: completed foreclosures Fannie Mae Freddie Mac REO Servicers Navigate the Post-Pandemic World 2 days ago Previous: Crisis No Longer Haunts Bank of America Next: Digging Deeper Into the Declining Homeownership Rate March 28, 2016 3,327 Views The steep decline in the number of REO properties in the last five years or so since the foreclosure crisis peaked has been one of the buzz topics in the mortgage industry. As more jobs are added each month and the unemployment rate has dipped to pre-recession levels, the number of foreclosed homes has seen a corresponding substantial decline.Just how many fewer REO properties are out there now compared to the total of REO properties at the peak of the crisis? The FHFA’s Foreclosure Prevention Report for Q4 2015 said that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac owned a combined total of 72,783 REO properties as of the end of the fourth quarter—less than a third of their peak total of slightly more than five years earlier—in Q3 2010, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac owned a combined total of approximately 242,000 REO properties. That quarter, property acquisitions outpaced dispositions by the count of 124,000 to 74,000.The 72,000-plus REO properties owned by the GSES represented a decline of 6 percent from Q3’s total of approximately 77,000. The 6 percent over-the-quarter decline was attributed to property dispositions outpacing acquisitions by the count of 25,531 to 21,100 during the quarter. The 21,100 acquisitions represented a decline of 6 percent, while the 25,531 dispositions represented a decline of 20 percent over-the-quarter for Q4.According to FHFA, about 14 percent of the GSEs’ REO inventory was located in Florida during the fourth quarter of 2015 (about 10,000 properties). About 19 percent of the inventory was concentrated in four Midwestern states (Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio).While the number of REO properties owned by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac in Q4 2015 was approximately one-third of its peak total from five years earlier, the number of completed third-party and foreclosure sales was less than one-fifth of its peak total from Q3 2010. During the fourth quarter of 2015, there were 25,096 foreclosures completed on Fannie Mae- and Freddie Mac-owned single-family residential properties; in Q3 2010, foreclosure completions reached their peak total of 138,000. Likewise, foreclosure starts also peaked in Q3 2010 at 339,000 but by Q4 2015 had declined to 65,000.Click here to view the FHFA’s entire Foreclosure Prevention Report for Q4 2015. completed foreclosures Fannie Mae Freddie Mac REO 2016-03-28 Brian Honea Demand Propels Home Prices Upward 2 days ago Data Provider Black Knight to Acquire Top of Mind 2 days ago Data Provider Black Knight to Acquire Top of Mind 2 days ago Subscribe read more