Tag: 夜上海楼凤


Fathers stranded as women take kids


first_imgWalk in Covid testing available in Limerick from Saturday 10th April NewsFathers stranded as women take kidsBy Bernie English – November 15, 2013 829 Twitter WhatsApp Shannondoc operating but only by appointment TAGSfamily fathers childrenfeatured No vaccines in Limerick yet Previous articleLimerick roots uncovered in new television seriesNext articleUniform change Bernie Englishhttp://www.limerickpost.ieBernie English has been working as a journalist in national and local media for more than thirty years. She worked as a staff journalist with the Irish Press and Evening Press before moving to Clare. She has worked as a freelance for all of the national newspaper titles and a staff journalist in Limerick, helping to launch the Limerick edition of The Evening Echo. Bernie was involved in the launch of The Clare People where she was responsible for business and industry news. MIGRANT mothers who are returning to their own countries because of the recession and Irish women who are emigrating to find work are leaving the fathers of their children without any say in where the children live or whether they will ever see them again.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up Limerick family law solicitor, Verena Tarpey, says she is seeing more men desperate to have access to their children or even to stop them being taken to live somewhere else.“But fathers who are not married to the children’s mother have no rights unless they have officially been declared guardians,” she said.Ms Tarpey runs a busy clinic in Limerick city and has had to tell fathers they “don’t have a leg to stand on”.“I have seen three cases like this in the last month. Because of changing financial circumstances, a lot of women who came here to work during the boom are going back. Equally, Irish women who are being forced to emigrate can take the children with them. The father can do nothing about it”.The Limerick organisation ‘Families’ confirmed that the problem is one which they have also encountered.Joe Wallace, chairman of the group, said that fathers “don’t really have any rights, even those who are legally guardians. It creates a huge problem. If the mother wants to leave the country, either for work or for a holiday, the father has no way of knowing if she will come back.“The only thing he can do is get a court order preventing her from taking the children out of the country and that very much depends on the judge at the time”.Mr Wallace said that legislation concerning unmarried fathers “has been introduced piecemeal over the years but has never really been copper fastened”.This entry was posted in News by Bernie English. Bookmark the permalink. Editvia Fathers stranded as women take kids (298) | Limerick Post Newswrite. Printcenter_img Email Surgeries and clinic cancellations extended RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Advertisement Facebook First Irish death from Coronavirus Linkedin Proceedures and appointments cancelled again at UHLlast_img read more


Defamation Notice Sent To Makers Of Netflix Show ‘Hasmukh’ Over Remarks On Lawyers


first_imgNews UpdatesDefamation Notice Sent To Makers Of Netflix Show ‘Hasmukh’ Over Remarks On Lawyers LIVELAW NEWS NETWORK20 April 2020 5:50 AMShare This – x”Legal profession has always been an important limb for administration of justice. Without, profession of law, the courts would not be in a position to administer and provide justice efficiently. Such an act of defaming the legal professionals among the general public in India through an online Tv series on web portals is clearly an act falling within the ambit of defamation.” Two…Your free access to Live Law has expiredTo read the article, get a premium account.Your Subscription Supports Independent JournalismSubscription starts from ₹ 599+GST (For 6 Months)View PlansPremium account gives you:Unlimited access to Live Law Archives, Weekly/Monthly Digest, Exclusive Notifications, Comments.Reading experience of Ad Free Version, Petition Copies, Judgement/Order Copies.Subscribe NowAlready a subscriber?Login”Legal profession has always been an important limb for administration of justice. Without, profession of law, the courts would not be in a position to administer and provide justice efficiently. Such an act of defaming the legal professionals among the general public in India through an online Tv series on web portals is clearly an act falling within the ambit of defamation.” Two Delhi based lawyers, Advocates Abhishek Bhardwaj and Hardik Vashisth have sent a legal notice to Netflix India, against streaming of a comedy show titled “Hasmukh”, alleged to be defamatory to the lawyers’ community. As per the notice, Episode number 4 of Season 1 of the said show performed by Indian comedian Vir Das, alleges the lawyers to be “thieves”, “scoundrels” and “goons” and even resorts to the indecency of calling lawyers as “rapists”. Stating that these allegations cannot be justified by any stretch of imagination and are highly “scandalous”, the Advocates have called upon Netflix to immediately remove/ delete/ destroy the impugned content and desist from maligning the lawyers’ community in any manner. They have further sought an “unconditional apology” from both Netflix, as well as the performer and broadcasters of the show, failing which suitable legal action will be initiated against them. “The said statements are highly defamatory and bring disrepute to the profession of law in the eyes of general public. Said statements are towards causing utmost damage to legal profession and impugn the image of lawyers in the eyes of millions of viewers/ subscribers who visit the streaming website,” the notice states. It added, “Legal profession has always been an important limb for administration of justice. Without, profession of law, the courts would not be in a position to administer and provide justice efficiently. Such an act of defaming the legal professionals among the general public in India through an online Tv series on web portals is clearly an act falling within the ambit of defamation.” The lawyers said that the show was an “intentional attack” to malign and “cast aspersions” on their nobel profession. “The above-said vexatious statements are a constant stigma on the good-will and unblemished image of lawyers and a constant source of annoyance for undersigned,” the notice read. Click Here To Download NoticeRead Notice Subscribe to LiveLaw, enjoy Ad free version and other unlimited features, just INR 599 Click here to Subscribe. All payment options available.loading….Next Storylast_img read more


FIFA Suspends Benin from World Football


first_imgShare this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram World football governing body, FIFA, has suspended Benin Republic from world football with immediate effect following a court decision that blocked the holding of election by the country’s football association.The decision was taken in Mexico City at the inaugural meeting of the FIFA Council, the supervisory and strategic body that sets the vision for FIFA and global football, according to a statement posted on FIFA official website.The statement said: “In accordance with art. 38 of the FIFA Statutes, the Benin Football Association (FBF) is suspended with immediate effect due to a recent injunction by a local judicial court which impeded the holding of the due election.“The FIFA Congress will vote on the confirmation of the suspensions on the Football Association of Indonesia (PSSI), the Football Association of Kuwait (KFA), and the Benin Football Association (FBF).’’With the suspension, Benin will miss the Africa Cup of Nations Group C qualifiers.The Council also ratified the decision of the bureau of the Council to appoint a “normalisation committee’’ to run the daily affairs of the Guinea Football Federation (FGF).The FIFA statement said Uruguay was appointed as the host country for the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup 2018 (Nov. 20– Dec. 13).The Council also agreed to bring forward the event’s dates for the FIFA Club World Cup UAE 2017 by a day to now take place between Dec. 6 and Dec. 16.The statement said regarding the bidding process for the 2026 FIFA World Cup, the Council agreed on a four-phase process: a new strategy and consultation phase (May 2016 – May 2017), enhanced phases for bid preparation (June 2017 – Dec 2018), bid evaluation (Jan 2019 – Feb 2020) culminating in a decision in May 2020.It said the consultation phase will focus on four areas:• The inclusion of human rights requirements, sustainable event management, environmental protection in the bidding• Principle of exclusion of bidders that do not meet technical requirements• Review of the current stance on joint bids• Number of teamsIt said while the consultation process should finish by May 2017, the decision on the number of teams, formats and the eligibility of confederations to bid is expected for October.last_img read more