Plea Seeking Suspension Of Kangana Ranaut’s Twitter Account: Bombay HC To Consider Whether To Take Up Petition As A PIL
News UpdatesPlea Seeking Suspension Of Kangana Ranaut’s Twitter Account: Bombay HC To Consider Whether To Take Up Petition As A PIL Nitish Kashyap17 Dec 2020 7:17 AMShare This – xWhile hearing a writ petition filed by an Advocate seeking suspension of actor Kangana Ranaut’s twitter handle for allegedly spreading communal hatred on Thursday, the Bombay High Court asked the petitioner whether he was personally affected by the tweets. Court will now consider whether the matter should be taken up as a public interest litigation or as a writ petition.A division bench…Your free access to Live Law has expiredTo read the article, get a premium account.Your Subscription Supports Independent JournalismSubscription starts from ₹ 599+GST (For 6 Months)View PlansPremium account gives you:Unlimited access to Live Law Archives, Weekly/Monthly Digest, Exclusive Notifications, Comments.Reading experience of Ad Free Version, Petition Copies, Judgement/Order Copies.Subscribe NowAlready a subscriber?LoginWhile hearing a writ petition filed by an Advocate seeking suspension of actor Kangana Ranaut’s twitter handle for allegedly spreading communal hatred on Thursday, the Bombay High Court asked the petitioner whether he was personally affected by the tweets. Court will now consider whether the matter should be taken up as a public interest litigation or as a writ petition.A division bench of Justice SS Shinde and Justice MS Karnik adjourned the hearing in the plea filed by Advocate Ali Kaashif Khan Deshmukh earlier this month praying for getting Kangana’s twitter account permanently suspended for allegedly spreading “continuous hatred, disharmony in the country and attempting to divide the country with her extremist/derogatory tweets and promoting crime in the country”, till Monday, December 21.The matter was kept back for hearing at 2:30 pm, after it came up, Advocate Ali began reading the grounds and prayers of the petition, Court enquired from him- Are you personally affected by this?”You are not personally aggrieved, so consider if this. We will see if this a public interest litigation. Adjourned till Monday”, Justice Shinde said. Advocate Ali has previously filed two criminal complaints against the actor, one of them also arraigns Kangana’s sister Rangoli Chandel as an accused. On the basis of these complaints, in October, the Magistrate Court at Bandra ordered registration of FIR against the actor and her sister for tweets allegedly promoting communal disharmony and the Andheri Magistrate Court ordered inquiry against the and her sister for allegedly posting derogatory tweets against the Muslim community.The petitioner had also written to the Advocate General of Maharashtra AA Kumbhakoni seeking his consent to initiate contempt proceedings against the actor in Bombay High Court for her tweet allegedly undermining the judiciary (Magistrate Court).Next Story
Whether it’s another neighborhood within the city you’re from or a trip to a distant land, connecting with your roots can be an enriching experience, and with the help of Airbnb and 23andMe, you can now plan a trip as unique as your DNA. The rise in popularity of genealogical travel is also prevalent on Airbnb. Since 2014, the number of passengers using Airbnb to track their roots has increased by 500 percent. This type of travel is most often chosen by users between the ages of 60 and 90. The most popular destinations for genealogical travel are places known for their immigration history such as the US, Canada, Australia, China, the United Kingdom, France, Korea, New Zealand, Taiwan and Brazil. Learning about origins is a key reason why people opt for genetic testing like the ones offered by 23andMe. As many as 53 percent of users said they opted for the test because they want to learn more about their ancestors and the origins of their family. The rise of genealogical travel “At Airbnb, we believe that authentic travel experiences help connect with local culture and create a sense of belonging wherever you are in the world. And is there a better way to do that than traveling to the destination you come from? We are proud to announce that we have partnered with 23andMe to make it easier for travelers to plan trips that are as unique as their DNA.Said Joe Gebbia, director and co-founder of Airbnb. “Collaborating with Airbnb provides our clients with an exciting opportunity to connect with their ancestors through deeply personal cultural and tourist experiences”, Said Anne Wojcicki, CEO and co-founder of 23andMe. With the rise of home genetic testing and analytics, such as that offered by the 23andMe platform, it has never been easier to learn about one’s origins, which in turn has contributed to the growing trend of so-called “genealogical travel”. People around the world travel to connect with their ancestors, which is why Airbnb and 23andMe team up to make it easier to organize this type of travel. Both companies will integrate genealogical travel into their services. When a user receives a report of their origin on the 23andMe platform, they will have the opportunity to search through Airbnb for private accommodations and experiences in their ancestral countries. For example, if the user of the 23andMe service is originally from southern Italy, he can look for private accommodation in Apulia and explore his ancestors in more detail from there. Or someone with Mexican roots can find experience in Ciudad de México to learn ancient techniques of using natural colors that are part of his heritage. Also, special genealogy planning pages are now in Airbnb’s range of services. It is this curiosity about the origin that has contributed to the rise in popularity of genealogical journeys around the world. According to a study from April 2019, commissioned by Airbnb, as many as 89 percent of Indians traveled to at least one country where they have roots, just like 69 percent of French and more than half of Americans.
Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.
Valve has announced its changes to the Dota 2 Pro Circuit for season 2018 – 2019 starting this September 2018.The only cheese you needTo help players, teams, and organizers prepare for the upcoming season, a few big changes are on the way, notably on ownership or shares of teams and DCP points, player movement penalties, team invites, qualifications and also season schedule.Teams and RostersTo be eligible for the season teams must register their roster by September 15th, 2018 at 10:00 AM PDT.No hard roster locks up until when The International Invites and Qualifiers start. From that point on teams will no longer be allowed to change their roster until the conclusion of the TI Main event with the rare exception to substitutes, subject to approval from Valve of course.Changing rosters during the season will no longer disqualify a team from DPC consideration either.Teams hold The International qualifying points instead of individual players.Teams are allowed to remove players (or players can decide to leave) at the cost of 20% of the teams current total DCP points per player removed.Adding a new player will not earn any additional points.If a team plays in a Pro Circuit event without their official five-man roster, the points earned for that event will be reduced by 40%.When playing in a Minor or Major qualifier, teams must always use at least 4 of their 5 registered players.Team Ownership & InvitesFollowing on shortly after the CS:GO ownership rules: In cases where one organization or person has ownership in multiple teams, only one of those teams will be eligible to compete in The International, regardless of DPC qualifying points.However, Valve is giving close to a year to all players, owners and shareholders to sort their business out.All teams can participate in the Pro Circuit Majors and Minors leading up to next year’s TI, but all ownership conflicts will need to be resolved prior to TI Regional Qualifiers. This includes cases in which players have financial ties to other teams.Minors and Major:Next season’s Minor and Major events will be held in pairs, with the qualifiers for each set to run in exclusively scheduled windows.There will be no direct invites to either Minors or Majors but in some cases, reserved slots will apply.The Major qualifier will run first, and teams who do not qualify for the Major will be eligible to compete in the Minor qualifiers a few days later.The winner of the Minor Main Event will have a reserved slot in the respective Major happening shortly afterwards.All Minors must feature at least eight teams, with a minimum of one qualifier per region.Majors must have at least sixteen teams, with at least two qualifiers per region.All teams that play in a Minor or Major will earn DPC points.Teams participating in the Minors will be required to work on the Visa application in advance of the tournament, in order to be able to make the Major if they win.Following these changes, Valve is currently accepting applications for all of the Minor and Major tournaments apart from the first Major in November.Reaction from the Dota 2 scene has been very positive so far and understandably so.Very happy to see Valve unequivocally and publicly tackle all potential conflict of interest issues for next year’s DPC.This is a big step in ensuring competitive integrity for future years— David Gorman (@LDeeep) June 4, 2018 One thing the blog post does not address is how Dota teams belonging to a region is defined. Will be a big topic with no more direct invites. In CSGO it is pretty clear by nationality.— Ulrich Schulze (@theflyingdj) June 4, 2018 Everything said in this blog post is fucking incredible news.– paired minors/majors– no ownership conflicts (xdruru)– no more hard locks – no more ‘join the team bring all the points xd!’Interesting that this suggests ESL Hamburg 2018 will not be a part of the DPC calendar https://t.co/vmtHQgNZ5F— Ben Steenhuisen (@followNoxville) June 4, 2018With some valuable remarks here and there while the changes dota 2 has announced to are, in some ways, heartening, i’m still a skeptic. until valve is willing to take more responsibility for the dota 2 scene (instead of just fiddling with its rule book), the company is kicking the can down the road.— will partin is such sweet sorrow (@william_partin) June 4, 2018Just remember Dota fans, this is all because of NoxvilleNot that I’m gonna take the credit for it (jk ofc I will), but in my interview with @olliering for @redbullesports (https://t.co/XOruAUEhdQ) in which I discussed improvements for the next DPC season, I suggested paired Minors/Majors as part of a cycle effort. pic.twitter.com/ipFFB04tUz— Ben Steenhuisen (@followNoxville) June 4, 2018Full release including dates for upcoming Major and Minor events can be found here.Esports Insider says: With a very specific schedule set out for next season it wouldn’t be a surprise to see the Tier 1 teams at every event, allowing for additional third-party events in between giving room to up-and-comers to make their mark. However, this could also just leave the newcomers without a chance if the tournament organisers don’t take the bait and only focus on Minors and Majors.Sign up to our newsletter! Great to see Valve extending the conflict of interest rules regarding ownership to Dota 2 as well. I wonder how that will impact on the scene ahead of next year’s International.https://t.co/WbgSGlAXsr— Richard Lewis (@RLewisReports) June 4, 2018