Tag: 爱上海DK


SweetWater 420 Fest Adds The String Cheese Incident, Greensky Bluegrass, & More


first_imgSweetWater 420 Fest will return to Centennial Olympic Park in Atlanta, Georgia on April 20-22, 2018. In addition to previously announced headliners Umphrey’s McGee (x2), Tedeschi Trucks Band, and Sturgill Simpson, The String Cheese Incident (x2) will round out the top bill. Additionally, the SweetWater 420 Fest adds Greensky Bluegrass, SOJA, Ghostland Observatory, The Motet, The Record Company, The Infamous Stringdusters, TAUK, Hirie, Marco Benevento, Brandon “Taz” Niederauer, and more to the previously announced group of Vulfpeck, Joe Russo’s Almost Dead, Stick Figure, Papadosio, Anders Osborne, Spafford, Sister Sparrow & The Dirty Birds, and Southern Avenue.Also tapped for the 2018 edition are Durand Jones & The Indications, Los Colognes, The Mantras (Beastie Boys Tribute Set), The Vegabonds, Maddy O’Neal, Cofresi, Funk You, The Fritz, Walden, The Trongone Band, Luthi, Emma’s Lounge, Quaildogs, Hedonistas, Migrant Worker, Derlee, Hourglass, The Orange Constant, Bird Dog, Jubilee, Universal Sigh, Dr. Strangelove, Bennett Wales & The Relief, with Brandon “Taz” Niederauer as an Artist-At-Large. The weekend will be complete with more than 50 bands, 30 unique SweetWater Brewing Company brews, and “420 vibes.”Tickets are now on-sale here. See below for the complete 2018 SweetWater 420 lineup!last_img read more


Oyo to broadcast live all 3SC matches, Sports Commissioner says


first_imgRelatedPosts Breaking: Oyo releases 2020/2021 academic calendar for primary, secondary schools Oyo approves N59.7m as take-off grant for Amotekun operations Oyo adjusts school calendar, lauds stakeholders’ adherence to COVID-19 guidelines The Oyo State Government has concluded plans to broadcast live all matches of the Shooting Stars Sports Club on its television and radio stations.The State Commissioner for Information, Culture and Tourism, Wasiu Olatubosun, disclosed this in a statement on Tuesday in Ibadan. Olatubosun said the State Commissioner for Youths and Sports, Seun Fakorede, disclosed this after a meeting with the management of Broadcasting Corporation of Oyo State on Monday.He said: “Fakorede disclosed that the move was part of efforts to further change the fortunes of sports in the state for the better.“The state governor, Seyi Makinde, has invested in new broadcast technology which will enable both the BCOS radio and television stations to beam 3SC matches live.“The time has now come to raise the bar in sports activities, especially football.“3SC will get more followers with this arrangement to broadcast their matches live on BCOS radio and television stations. “It will give opportunity to the fans and lovers of the club to view their progress as well.”The commissioner said the support to 3SC would also assist the state-owned broadcast outfits to launch into beaming local content to the world at large and as well get more viewers.The statement also quoted Dotun Oyelade, the BCOS Chairman, as saying the corporation’s management had put in its best to ensure that the new arrangement works out.Oyelade said a committee would be constituted immediately to that effect.He then advised the Youths and Sports Commissioner to continue with the way he had started. “He should not derail from the good plans he has for the football clubs, as well as youths in the state,’’ Oyelade said.Tags: Oyo State GovernmentShooting Stars Sports ClubWasiu Olatunbosunlast_img read more


Cotto punches way to best in business


first_imgQuintana was decked twice in the fifth round and could not answer the bell for the sixth, having been taken apart by Cotto, who won the vacant World Boxing Association welterweight title. The win gave the former junior welterweight champion an 8-0 record with seven knockouts in championship fights. It also made a true believer out of his promoter, Bob Arum. “Punching power could be the ability to take out an opponent with one punch, like Tyson had,” said Arum, who will promote Cotto’s title defense against Oktay Urkal on March 3 in San Juan, Puerto Rico. “Punching power could be based on an accumulation of punches, a relentless attack of hurting his opponent as he attacks him and breaking him down. “And I think that Miguel will go down in boxing history in that second category as among the best that ever fought. He’s skilled, has fast hands, but it’s his relentless attack that never, never stops in hurting his opponent.” There is no question Cotto is scary. He works the body as dynamically as he batters the head. He’s one of those fighters who can make even the most courageous opponent cringe while pondering the punishment that is sure to be forthcoming. But getting Cotto to brag a bit is about as difficult as weathering one of his left hooks. MIGUEL Cotto was supposed to be facing a stern test when he took on fellow Puerto Rican Carlos Quintana last Dec. in Atlantic City. Quintana was undefeated at 23-0. At 5-foot-91/2, he was 21/2 inches taller than Cotto. Quintana also had a five-inch reach advantage, is left-handed and had been a welterweight his entire career. Cotto was moving up from junior welterweight. center_img “I just do what I do,” Cotto, 26, said Wednesday. “I come to fight, I come to win. That’s what I think about, winning. I leave it to the fans, to the press, to everyone that knows boxing, to decide what they think of my career.” This is just the attitude that Arum believes will help propel Cotto (28-0, 23 KOs) to the top of every respectable pound-for-pound poll. Not only is Cotto physically gifted, he’s humble. “He’s looked upon as one of the top fighters in boxing, and rightly so, and it is our hope that in the next year or so he will be recognized as the very best,” Arum said. “He is a very hard-working young man and he gives a lot to the sport. “But that’s so much a part of the battle today, to get a young man to not get ahead of himself and not start proclaiming that he is the best, that he can beat everybody, and just let it come. Like the great ones did, like (Marvin) Hagler and (Sugar Ray) Leonard. They didn’t claim to the rafters that they were the best, they proved that they were the best.” Should Cotto get past 37-year-old Urkal (38-3, 12 KOs) – and that should not be a problem – he already has signed to defend his belt against former welterweight champion Zab Judah on June 9 at Madison Square Garden in New York City. Judah, of Brooklyn, has not fought since last April 8 when he lost his International Boxing Federation belt to Floyd Mayweather Jr. via lopsided decision. Judah touched off a brawl during the 10th round when he fouled Mayweather with a low blow. [email protected] (562) 499-1338 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!last_img read more