Swansea also revealed they were hoping to get permission from the Premier League to allow Ngog to play in the home game against Fulham on Tuesday night. Ngog arrives at the Liberty Stadium having scored three goals in his final four appearances for Bolton, whom he joined from Liverpool in 2011. However, Dougie Freedman’s side have been keen to trim their wage bill as they adjust to life in the Sky Bet Championship after last year’s accounts showed their net debt surpassing £160million. Ngog could be followed to Swansea by Tom Ince, who is set to hold talks with the Premier League club over an initial loan move from Blackpool, Press Association Sport understands. The winger is expected to arrive in south Wales on Monday afternoon after the Seasiders gave the England Under-21 international permission to discuss a switch to the Liberty Stadium. Other clubs are also keen to sign Ince, with Crystal Palace believed to be among them, who is out of contract in the summer. Any deal would see a fee paid to take Ince on loan until the end of the season, when a permanent switch could be completed once his Blackpool contract comes to an end. Ince, whose father Paul was sacked as Blackpool manager last week, had been reportedly set to join Monaco earlier in the January transfer window, but a move to the Ligue 1 club did not materialise. Swansea have confirmed the signing of Bolton striker David Ngog for an undisclosed fee. Press Association The 24-year-old, whose contract at the Reebok Stadium was due to expire in the summer, missed Wanderers’ FA Cup clash with Cardiff at the weekend and completed a medical in south Wales on Monday afternoon before penning terms until the end of the season. Swans boss Michael Laudrup has been keen to add more attacking options to ease the burden on Wilfried Bony with last season’s top scorer Michu still nursing an ankle problem. The Seasiders had confirmed Ince would hold talks over a move to the top-flight in a club statement which read: “Blackpool Football Club can confirm that, following discussions with Thomas Ince and his representative, permission has been given for Thomas to discuss a loan move to a Premier League club. “Thomas has expressed his ambition to play in the Premier League for the remainder of the season, a decision that the club fully understands and supports.” Swansea’s Welsh rivals Cardiff agreed an £8million fee for Ince last summer, but the player eventually turned down a move to Cardiff City Stadium.
By WVUA 23 Reporter Ivy Ervin and WVUA 23 Digital Reporter Savannah BullardThe countdown to Thanksgiving is on, and there are only three days left until Turkey Day. To guarantee maximum safety this holiday season, the Northport Fire Department and Publix teamed up to offer tips on how to keep a call to the fire department out of this year’s Thanksgiving plans.On Nov. 17, Northport firefighters held their sixth-annual “Turkey Frying Gone Wrong” demonstration. They used fast and loose turkey frying techniques to demonstrate how using the frying method can lead to a devastating holiday.“What we did today is a demonstration that shows what can go wrong when you try to fry a turkey,” chief Jason Norris said.The U.S. Fire Administration says cooking fires in residential buildings occur more often on Thanksgiving Day than any other day of the year. Norris said turkey fryer fires are often caused by the same few issues.“We did the two things that a lot of people do wrong,” Norris said. “We had too much grease in the cooking pot, and the turkey was not completely thawed.”If frying a turkey is non-negotiable for Thanksgiving, it is important to follow the steps to make sure the process is done safely, or consider having a professional do it instead. Otherwise, you might have the fire department showing up on Thanksgiving day, and it will not be a happy occasion.“We don’t recommend you frying one at home,” Norris said. “If you want to fry a turkey, we recommend that you find someone, a restaurant or some professional to fry it for you for safety reasons.”After the demonstration, which featured an explosion fit for an action movie, firefighter Forrest Harvey explained how far that fire could travel at someone’s house if they tried to fry a half-thawed turkey with too much grease.“I mean, it would just follow the water, you know, it would just spread with the grease, and then there’s not much you can do at that point because it’s just out of control then,” Harvey said. “Then obviously we’d have to show up and distinguish it.”Norris gave some advice to those who are still set on frying their turkeys.“You check the oil level by putting water into your pot to begin with,” Norris said. “Dip the turkey in it to see how much the liquid rises, and that way you can determine the appropriate amount of oil to put in it so it doesn’t overflow.”So remember, check the temperature, don’t use too much grease and thaw the turkey completely. Or, find a professional to take care of the dirty work instead.Another tip is once the turkey is thawed, pat it dry and get rid of excess water to prevent grease from splattering. At the end of the day, a successful Thanksgiving is one without the fire department involved.